Happy St Moluag's Day

Announcements from the Chief of MacLea, the ancient historical name of the Livingstones.
Bachuil

Happy St Moluag's Day

Post by Bachuil »

Today, 25th June, is St Moluag's Feast Day when we celebrate his life and give thanks for his missionary work.

I wish you all the joy of the day and pray for you, your families and friends.

We had a visit today from about 30 members of the Neil Munro Society who arranged to come and see and hear about the Bachuil Mor. They were a lovely group from near and far and included a minister who conducted the marriage of my youngest sister and a Livingstone from Luing with Ulva connections.

It is a little grey here but my wife and I are now going to visit St Moluag’s Bay and the Well of Life.

St Moluag pray for us
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Canadian Livingstone

Re: Happy St Moluag's Day

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hello Baron,

Hope you all had a splendid time celebrating St. Moluags Day.

regards,

Donald
Jill Richmond

Post by Jill Richmond »

Dear Bachuil,

Belated greetings to you and your wife, and I hope that you had a happy and joyful St. Moluag's Day. We had hoped to be in Appin at this time, but our visit has had to be cancelled. Maybe we shall be able to make it later in the year.

I think the weather in Argyll is much the same as ours. We had a beautiful April, and it has been dismal ever since.

With best wishes,

Jill
Jill Richmond
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Happy St Moluag's Day to all! A great day to celebrate our McLea/Livingstone ancestry!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Bachuil

Post by Bachuil »

Jill

If you do ever get to Appin please let us know and come over for an early supper or light lunch. Our telephone number is Lismore St Moluag's Day = 01631 760 for Lismore and the rest in ddm format.

It is a great number for us!

We had a glorious day, no rain and a very pleasant visit from the Neil Munro Society including a minister who had married (Conducted the service) my sister thirty years ago!

Regards

Niall
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Jill Richmond

Post by Jill Richmond »

Thank you very much, Niall, for your kind invitation. Brian and I would be delighted to visit you at Bachuil sometime. We hope that we shall manage to get up to Appin in the autumn, but I will let you know in good time when this visit might be and I have made a note of your St. Moluag's Day phone number.

We now have to hope for an Indian Summer!

Regards,

Jill
Jill Richmond