I'm Back!

Announcements from the Chief of MacLea, the ancient historical name of the Livingstones.
Bachuil

I'm Back!

Post by Bachuil »

Dear all,

I very much regret that due to many factors including a computer crash, opening up Bachuil as a Bed and Breakfast and generally not having enough hours in the day I have been out of action on the clan front for some weeks.

I have just logged on and found many items that needed my attention and were not done. Please accept my apologies.

However, on the plus side, we have had the most glorious summer. We have had tree surgeons in felling trees around the house so once they are all logged we should have about five or ten years of firewood. This has really opened up the views and we can see the sea again. It is also much lighter without the trees and the midges aren't as near the house.

We had so much rain last year that our borehole became contaminated with surface water and we have managed to get that sorted. We have also had another borehole drilled for mother. She has been existing of rain water. Last year that was in plentiful supply having had 311 days rain! I still have to get this connected but it looks very promising with water flowing in at only 9 feet down. As the hole is through solid rock, without any surface soil at all, this should be an excellent supply.

We have had a few clansmen calling in which is always a delight. If any of you would like to come and stay then don't book through our website before calling me as I will give clanmen a discount. Our website is http://www.bachuil.co.uk

Hope you are all well.

Yours aye

Niall
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Jill Richmond

Re: I'm Back!

Post by Jill Richmond »

Dear Niall,

It is good to hear you back on the forum. You have certainly been busy during the last year! We were very sorry not to be able to come and see you last year, but I had a health glitsch, which has hopefully been sorted, and I hope that we shall be able to visit you next year. We shall certainly book in to your B&B when we do.

Regards,
Jill
Jill Richmond
Bachuil

Post by Bachuil »

That would be great fun. I am looking forward to seeing you. Please don't book online but just call us.

Niall
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hello Baron,
Welcome Back!
Glad to hear to things are going well at Bachuil. I am sure the Bed and Breakfast will be of interest to clan members visiting your beautiful Island.

regards,

Donald
Jill Richmond

Post by Jill Richmond »

Thank you Niall. I shall get back in touch with you nearer the time. Incidentally, I am very envious of the lovely weather you have been having on Lismore this year. The weather here has been awful, though not as bad as some other places. We have had two bad summers on the trot and are sick of rain.

Best wishes,

Jill
Jill Richmond