Robert Livingston, Placerville, California

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Keith Livingstone Australia

Post by Keith Livingstone Australia »

So sorry to hear this news. Like others, Rob helped me a great deal with my initial clan queries. That was about 5 years ago, and I'm sorry I couldn't fit a visit in last time I was over in the States, Rob...although you did put me onto Niall and Alastair, who I did visit..a trip I'll always treasure. So thanks for all your help and generosity, Rob. Our side of the family owe you a great debt! (My favourite clan story that Rob chronicled was the one about the Baron and his red-haired daughters rescuing the body of the Stewart chief from the McLeans of Duart about 500 years ago; a precision military operation which left the Duart men stranded in sinking boats in a fast-moving change of tide.)
Robert Dougald Livingstone

Post by Robert Dougald Livingstone »

It is with deep sadness that I forward my condolences and sympathy about Rob. It is always a sad day when a person is terminally ill and their passing is immanent. I am sure his life has been lived to the fullest but we should remember his contributions, not only in the genealogy but in life itself.
Bachuil

R.I.P. Robert Livingston, Placerville, California

Post by Bachuil »

Rob passed on at 4 AM on July 19, 2006; a result of complications from esophageal cancer which had gone into his liver and bones. There will be no services; remembrances may be sent to Snowline Hospice, Placerville, CA. Requiescat in Pacem St Moluag Pray for us
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Kyle2 MacLea

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Very sad news, indeed.
Robert Alexander Livingstone

Post by Robert Alexander Livingstone »

There is a famous Scottish ballard that tells of two young highlanders who were captured after Culloden and sent to London for trial.
Jill Richmond

Post by Jill Richmond »

Although this news was not unexpected, it is nevertheless very sad. I send my deep sympathy to Rob's family. May he rest in peace. Jill
Jill Richmond
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hello Livingstone Kin, I am sorry to learn of Robert's passing. It was not my privilege to know him well or to have met him, but from our e-mail contacts, I feel like we shared a common bond of kinship and friendship as Morvern/Isle of Lismore Livingstone descendants. It is a great measure of the quality of the man, that despite his illness he took the time to answer my queries and those of many others.
Joy K Glick

Post by Joy K Glick »

It was with sadness that I read of Rob's death although I knew that his time was running out.
Mark Livingston

Post by Mark Livingston »

I am rob's younger brother by 2 years.
Ralph Livingstone

Post by Ralph Livingstone »

Having only found this forum recently, I haven't had the pleasure of conversing with Robert. This is to me more of a personal disappointment, as I am also a Californian. Robert's hometown of Placerville ("Old Hangtown") holds a particular significance in the history of our state - and as a part-time prospector, to me personally. Although I had sadly never met Robert, I've visited his town many times. Reading the archived posts, it is very obvious that Robert dedicated his time very generously to the Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum. I am sure that he will be missed sorely, not only by members of his family, but by his extended "family" participating in this forum as well.