Roll Call

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Grant South1

Roll Call

Post by Grant South1 »

Hi Heather, Great to hear you made it back to the clan. You are right about the website. All the best!
Adam Latz

Roll Call

Post by Adam Latz »

My biological last name was recently revealed to my birth mother(who was also adopted) who came into contact with her biological mother(my biological grandmother) whose last name is MacLay.
Andrew Lancaster4

Roll Call

Post by Andrew Lancaster4 »

Hi Adam As a biological MacLay we'd love to have you as a participant on the DNA project. See http://users.skynet.be/lancaster/Discus ... Maclea.htm There are many families with MacLay type surnames, and participation might eventually help you see which one you are closest to genetically. Regards Andrew
Grant South1

Roll Call

Post by Grant South1 »

Dear Adam, Genealogical DNA testing is a wonderful tool for researching family origins. It provides information regarding our deep ancestry, about how our most early ancestors lived and survived. Further the results suggest cultural associations which fill out and enrich our family history. And via comparison with other families who share a common paternal ancestry within a genealogical time frame, our respective line has the opportunity to be associated again with those whom shared a more recent kinship. Taking this into account it really is great value for the family researcher. I tested in 2002 and have found it to be of great interest. All the best!
Roderic David Livingstone

Roll Call

Post by Roderic David Livingstone »

Kyle, your offer for help is greatly appreciated.
Robert Alexander Livingstone

Roll Call

Post by Robert Alexander Livingstone »

My name is Bob Livingstone.
Bachuil

Roll Call

Post by Bachuil »

Bob, Thanks for that posting. I managed to track John the son of Duncan & Christie McLean on Robs Births pages - Great stuff. It really would be super to have a gathering. N
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Robert Alexander Livingstone

Roll Call

Post by Robert Alexander Livingstone »

Well the plan is to be in Germany for the Soccer World Cup and in the back of my mind is to exit through Scotland,
Grant South1

Roll Call

Post by Grant South1 »

Niall, I felt it was safer to respond to this message than to Bob's next message. Although I am back in training now and looking for my shotput! The baronial cousin's are growing and I am wondering if it would be appropiate to list some of the researched branches. I'd imagine Bob and co, would also be in the running to apply for arms from Lyon. All the best!
Steve Wilson

Roll Call

Post by Steve Wilson »

Steve Wilson (of Raytown, Missouri) here.