Welcome to the forum

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Bachuil

Welcome to the forum

Post by Bachuil »

The Clan Livingstone website has been a great success from my point of view and has attracted a great deal of correspondence from kinsmen around the world. Much of the correspondence relates to genealogy enquiries and I have the impression that there would be much to benefit from having some of this correspondence available on a general forum. I have therefore moved the entire website and added this forum facility. I hope you will find it useful. With kind regards, Niall Livingstone of Bachuil
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Deirdre Nyasa Rolfe Livingstone

Sisters!

Post by Deirdre Nyasa Rolfe Livingstone »

Well done Niall on a very good site - and the start of what I am sure will be a flood of enquiries.  For anyone wanting to look to find some of their non-Livingstone/McLea ancestors - do look at a web site that I helped develop called www.ancestralscotland.com It has a way to go (in my opinion) - but the links section certainly puts you in touch with the General Register for Scotland, The Scottish Archive Network, Origins.net among others.  Well done my big brother for a great beginning.  I will also check in from time to time. Don't suppose any of our relatives were at the Battle of Trafalgar? in 1805 (unlikely...but you never know) just to start a red herring - www.seabritain2005.com! All the best and happy hunting to all. Deirdre
Bachuil

Ancestral Scotland

Post by Bachuil »

OOPS. I just received a message from Andrew saying his posting hadn't materialised - so checked and found yours.  Sorry it took so long to get posted. When I have a moment I shall set up a links page and this looks like a prime contender. www.ancestralscotland.com Big Bro
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea