Our Dalriadic DNA

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Andrew Lancaster4

Our Dalriadic DNA

Post by Andrew Lancaster4 »

Just a short note to mention that on the DNA-Genealogy Rootsweb List, which can be read by anyone with a normal internet browser, there is some discussion during July about a Scottish cluster of R1b. This is very relevent to us, as several Livingstone branches, including our Lismore ones, match the description; and furthermore we had ourselves been discussing the possibility that this is just a common R1b type. This was important with regards to our Liebenstein/Livingstone with regards to the question of how strong the evidence is now that this line is originally Scottish. It is also worth mentioning that other DNA-genealogists have proposed that Colla (the Irish ancestor of the Dalriadic royal family) may have had a DNA signature of this type. Regards Andrew
Andrew Lancaster4

Our Dalriadic DNA

Post by Andrew Lancaster4 »

Strange how the title was cut. It presume this is because I used quotation marks around Dalriadic. Anyway I thought I should add, that concerning the Stein surname, which Rob mentioned before, I have learnt in the current conversation on DNA Genealogy that this was in fact a Scottish surname, and not a German one. So at this moment I feel much more convinced about the idea that the Liebensteins who are now Livingstones, were also Livingstones once before. I hope that makes sense! Regards Andrew
Bachuil

Our Dalriadic DNA

Post by Bachuil »

Hi Andrew, Sorry about the quotes - I should have caught that! I have been a bit hectic recently and only just caught this posting.
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Rob Livingston2

Stein

Post by Rob Livingston2 »

Per your previous posting regarding the Scottish nature of the name "Stein", as you'll see in Black's Surnames of Scotland, it is derived from "Steven".