McLea and Livingston

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Kyle2 MacLea

McLea and Livingston

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Dear forum, I just wanted to send a note to the list, because during a recent research session I came across a McLea-Livingston connection which may or may not be coincidental.  Still, I figured I'd share it. I was looking at some McLea 1891 Census returns for Glasgow. (To be more specific:  Civil parish of Govan, Quoad Sacra parish of St. Bernards, School board district and Parliamentary and Municipal burgh of Glasgow, Parliamentary division of Blackfriars & Hutchesontown, 14th Ward) I found, living in 1891, at 131 Rose Street, a family of McLeas which are related to me:  John McLea, his wife Susan Brown McLea nee Brechin, previously McCallum, living with their family.  John, an upholsterer (like a lot of this family), was born in Glasgow. In the same house at 131 Rose Street was another family.  James Livingston and his wife and son.  James, who was a Hair Dresser, was also born in Glasgow. So, it would seem that there is a possibility of there being some family relationship or affiliation between Livingston and my McLea family, even as late as 1891, in Glasgow.  This is only instance I have seen of this in my family, but it is interesting to see nonetheless. Thought I would share. Kyle