Where was Living of Living's town from? DNA evidence

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Andrew Lancaster4

Post by Andrew Lancaster4 »

Hello I thought that people would be interested to hear that we now have a DNA project participant who is said to have solid paperwork back to the
Kyle2 MacLea

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

The rest of your message is missing again....
Andrew Lancaster4

Post by Andrew Lancaster4 »

Hmm. That is difficult in this case, as I have not kept the text. My point was that... (a) We now have someone in the project who is said to have a strong paper trail to the Livingstons of Callendar. (b) This family is said to descend from the Living of Living's town., who is turn is said to have been all kinds of things: Gael, English, Hungarian etc. (c) Our participant is haplotype G, which is rare in Britain, but presumably more common in Hungary. It is most common amongst people like the Ossetians, who are the last remainder of the Eastern European Iranian tribes who once included the Scythians and Sarmatians, and who are said to have partially integrated themselves into the dark ages aristocracy of places like Poland and Hungary. Regards Andrew
Julian Livingston

Post by Julian Livingston »

As I had previously communicated with Andrew, when I was in the Cathedral in Riga I came across a coat of arms, that was obviously a close relative of the ancient Livingston coat of arms mounted on the wall in the area of the cathedral telling about the Teutonic Knights and the Livonian Knights, namely three cinqfoils on a plain background.