Hugh Livingston(e)

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Jewel Brown1

Hugh Livingston(e)

Post by Jewel Brown1 »

Hello Ralph,
Barry Judson

Hugh Livingston(e)

Post by Barry Judson »

Hi All I still haven't gotten a call to pick up those documents at the archives, but when I do I can have a look at some of the deeds and wills for this. I find it interesting that Middlesex, Mass. is a favorite location for Livingston's and many of those Livingston's were born in Canada. I wonder if our Malcolm Livingston the sea captain, for Bonnie Smith's descendent Alexander is connected? Barry
Canadian Livingstone

Hugh Livingston(e)

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Donna, I am wondering if we have two Ralph Livingstons. There is a Ralph Livingston who has roots to the pioneer Livingstones Donald Livingston b.1750 and Mary of Lot 65 PEI and whose grandfather was Alton Livingstone. He has been to Canoe Lake cemetery where these Livingstons are buried. This Ralph has a PEI-USA connection and gave me his family tree connecting him to PEI Livingstone pioneers Donald and Mary Livingstone who settled in 1806 and who have Morvern Scotland origins. Then there is a Ralph Livingstone whose family emigrated from Lismore,Scotland in the later 1800's and settled in PEI and have a USA connection as well. Could there be two Ralph Livingstons in contact with the forum? Please if you could help clarify this. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Hugh Livingston(e)

Hi Donna, Welcome to the Maclea Livingstone forum. Ok sorry I am clear now about your family origins in PEI looking back at your brother Ralph's earlier postings on the forum. I remember now that from your brother Ralph's message to our forum from 2 April 2008 he mentioned that he had recently discovered his ealy PEI family origins and determined that he was descended from Donald Livingston b.1750 and Mary Livingston that settled at Nine Mile Creek, Lot 65, Queens County, PEI and had determined that his family line was: Donald Livingston b.1750 and Mary Duncan Livingston Allan and Janet Livingston b.PEI Hugh Livingston. b.1870 9 mile creek, PEI and Isabel (Later settled Middlesex, Mass.) Alton Livingston Donald Livingston (father) I am involved in two Livingston DNA tests and waiting for the results of the second one with great interest as it is a Morvern Livingston. As I have Morvern Livingston roots as well and it would be great if Ralph would consider doing the test. The 67 marker test is one I have gone with. It costs a couple of hundred dollars U.S but the test results are compared with a number of other Livingstons worldwide including Baron Livingston and Dr. David Livingston's great nephew. To me it
Kyle2 MacLea

Hugh Livingston(e)

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Re: DNA test. And if money is tight, you can "start off" with a cheaper test that will provide less information, but will "bank" the DNA until you can upgrade later... Might be worth it... I am always available to discuss testing.
Donna Livingstone Reale

Hugh Livingston(e)

Post by Donna Livingstone Reale »

Yes.
Canadian Livingstone

Hugh Livingston(e)

HI Donna, As Kyle mentioned there is a cheaper alternative to the 67 marker test and you can always upgrade to the 67 marker test later. The 37 marker test is cheaper. According to the information on your ancestor Donald Livingstone born abt. 1750 that settled in PEI in the early 1800's he originated from Morvern, Argyllshire in the highlands of Scotland as did my great-great-great grandfather Miles Livingston who settled in 1812 in present day Manitoba, Canada as a Selkirk Settler. In 1815 he and his family settled in Upper Canada ( present day Ontario). I am hoping that you can persuade Ralph to join the Maclea Livingstone DNA project as I have two Livingston tests currently on the go in that project including most recently a Livingston cousin of mine that may or may not prove to be a match to your brother Ralph seeing as my cousin and Ralph may have ancestral roots linking them to MOrvern Scotland. I cannot take the test because I am not a male Livingston and therefore do not have
Canadian Livingstone

Hugh Livingston(e)

Ralph if your dropping by the forum could you contact Kyle McLea at Ksm6@cornell.edu regarding the possibility of a DNA test in the future. I have a few suggestions how this could possibly happen which I am passing on to Kyle who is one coordinators of the Maclea Livingstone DNA Project.