Member Profiles

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Bachuil

Member Profiles

Post by Bachuil »

As we step up a gear with Rob's commission I was wondering if there are any useful developments for this site. For instance I was thinking about putting up a Member profile page.  This would enable people to give a brief biography, perhaps with a photo or two. In fact I could put up a whole photo gallery if that would be of interest. There are various issues here.  First should it be in a Members only area?  My gut feel is that this is probably a bad idea.  I take the view that anything on a computer can be hacked – so it may as well be open. Comments please!
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Alex Maxwell Findlater

Member Profiles

Post by Alex Maxwell Findlater »

We tried this on the Findlater website, but only managed to get a few people.  We weren't interactive, though.  It might be a good idea to have some profiles in the bag before going live. As for private members' areas, I feel unless there is a very good reason, why?
Jewel Brown1

Livingstone Photos

Post by Jewel Brown1 »

I often thought it would be a great idea to put any photos that we have of the "LIVINGSTONES" on this website. It would be interesting. I have two photos of my GG Grandfather David Daniel Livingstone that was taken just before his death in 1907. There is a strong  likeness to "THE" David Livingstone. I think it would be wonderful if Rob or the Young Bachuil would show us some of their Livingstone Ancestors. Does anyone else on this list agree?  Regards, Jewel Brown 
Kyle2 MacLea

Livingstone Photos

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

I think pictures of historical Livingstones would be great!
Jill Richmond

Livingstone Photos

Post by Jill Richmond »

I think your idea is a splendid one. It has been my observation that Livingstones do seem to display similar facial characteristics, even when their relationship is not proven. It would be most interesting to see a display of Livingstone photographs. Regards, Jill Richmond
Jill Richmond
Bachuil

Livingstone Photos

Post by Bachuil »

I'll try and get a picture galllery up in the next fortnight. Niall
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea