David MacLay in Kepculloch farm, Drymen Parish, Stirlingshire 1700s

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Chevalier Terrance Gach MacFarlane

Post by Chevalier Terrance Gach MacFarlane »

Searching for the ancestry of both David MacLay tenant in Kepculloch farm, Drymen Parish, Stirlingshire, and his second wife Jean Miller.
Andrew Lancaster4

Post by Andrew Lancaster4 »

Hi The Clan's associated DNA project has a new member from a family from the Port of Menteith. I am very interested in the results myself because my own Livingstones were from Angus. I shall contact the correspondent for this family and inform them of your message. Best Regards Andrew Lancaster coordinator of said project
Kyle2 MacLea

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Dear Terrance, Thanks for coming over and posting to the Forum!
Suzanne Livingstone

Post by Suzanne Livingstone »

Hi There.
Andrew Lancaster4

It must be a seasonal thing. Livingston(e)s are popping up everywhere from this area around Stirling and southern Perthshire. See the Rootsweb and Ancestry.com message boards (which show the same messages). http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.liv ... 87/mb.ashx This message concerns a family traced back to Kilsyth. Now, if we could just get all of your families into the DNA project... Regards Andrew
Andrew Lancaster4

I believe Suzanne's family's results just came in! A 12/12 match with a person tracing back to another part of Scotland (I think Fort William). Suzanne, I'll a more detailed analysis on the Yahoo group as per the usual norms. Tell me if you have any problem getting on to that forum. Regards Andrew
David Magiske

Post by David Magiske »

Robert Sands (born in 1737), who married Jean McClay (born in 1755), is my ggg grandfather.