Hi

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Henry Francis Livingstone

Forgot to Mention...

Post by Henry Francis Livingstone »

Keith Livingstone Australia

Hi

Post by Keith Livingstone Australia »

Donald; I've come to much the same conclusion,though by looking at the listed names of Angus's children (Cape Breton) vs Angus (Colonsay,1841 census, and their possible time-lines. By the way, Angus b.1773 would have turned 46 in 1819,old enough to have grown sons. Cheers for now and thanks for all your input. It's terrific, Donald.
Kyle2 MacLea

Lost Australian Connection

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Don't know if anyone saw this message in an old thread, but it looks like there's a lost Australian connection to Big Bras d'Or... http://www.clanmclea.co.uk/forum/show-m ... sp?ID=2629 K=
Canadian Livingstone

Hi

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Keith, Indeed your correct. I dont know how I came up with 33. Must have been a late night for me. Yes at 46 he could easily have a son or sons who stayed behind in Mull. The family tree that I saw was far from complete for his family, so I shouldnt really say anything for certain. regards Donald
Francis and Joan Eyking

Neighbors, I presume

Post by Francis and Joan Eyking »

Hi Sharon: I am not a Livingston but, I believe that I am a neighbor of yours on part of the original Livingston property in Big Bras d'Or. If I am not mistaken, I spoke to your mother (Dorothy J. Livingston of Brooklyn, N.Y) back in July of 1993. We spoke by phone and letter at that time. Am I correct in saying that you own the property next door to me? If so please email so that I may give you my phone number. I am very intereted in the Livingston family background as it relates to this beautiful property overlooking the Great Bras d'Or and Kelly's Mountain. Looking forward to hearing from you, Francis Eyking p.s Unlike your ancestry, my family are more recent settlers (Dutch) to Boularderie Island
Kyle2 MacLea

Neighbors, I presume

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Very interesting, Francis! I hope Sharon re-joins us and sees your message! It may be there are others who can put something in about that property as well, but I'm hoping Sharon returns! Note though that they the only way for her to email is to actually have one of you post their email address "in the open".
Canadian Livingstone

Neighbors, I presume

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Francis and Joan, Welcome to the Maclea Livingstone forum. Hope you can make contact with Sharon one way or another. I would think someone on Boularderie Island can pass the message on to her if connecting with her through this clan Maclea Livingstone site fails. You would think that the locals on Boularderie Island would know of the family almost certainly and be able to help you. Since Sharon last contacted us in 2007 we have been contacted by a number of Livingstons and related kin with a family connection to both Cape Breton and PEi where a number of highland Livingstones settled beginning in the late 1790's. We are familiar with Sharon's ancestor Angus Livingston, a napoleonic war veteran of highland origin who arrived around 1819 and took up settlement on Boularderie Island, Bras d'or. There are few people of Cape Breton and PEI origin that would be interested in hearing from Sharon again and her family history associated with her famous ancestor of Boularderie Island Angus Livingstone. regards, Donald