Lindsaig Ownership

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Craig McClay Wilson

Lindsaig Ownership and Stonefield

Post by Craig McClay Wilson »

Hi Niall, Also found your comment interesting in that it ties the Lindsaig McLeas back to an area close to the clan center as late as after 1745. Craig
Craig McClay Wilson

Hi Kyle, Went back to the DNA Study and found something interesting. In the narrative about the MacWho group(of which my cousin James is a member), is a statement that this group may be closer than it seems to others in the the Study including particiapant # 32911.
Kyle2 MacLea

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

I'll go have another look, Craig!
Kyle2 MacLea

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Unfortunately, I don't see the connection between 32911 and your group...
Craig McClay Wilson

Kyle, Don't profess to know much about DNA testing, but the author of the Study somehow linked the MacWho group to participant # 32911. I believe that person is listed just below your cousin in the Study results and they are only one off for the first 12 markers. Maybe I'm just reaching here. Craig
Kyle2 MacLea

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

That's Andrew Lancaster, perhaps he can comment... I think 32911 *is* potentially a match for my cousin and I, definitely possible.
Andrew Lancaster4

Lindsaig Ownership

Post by Andrew Lancaster4 »

I guess that if there was a title up for grabs that went with the surname, then a husband might even have taken up a wife's name at some point, explaining the different male lines you are on. Regards Andrew
Andrew Lancaster4

Post by Andrew Lancaster4 »

No possible link along those two male lines. At least not since the stone age. MacWho types are pretty different from Kyle's.
Kyle2 MacLea

Lindsaig Ownership

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

A good point, Andrew, and one that should be stressed.
Canadian Livingstone

Lindsaig Ownership

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

THe fact that the 1743 MacLea History was written by a so esteemed a member of the MacLea family line as Rev. MacLea only reinforces the notion in my mind that the document is as much as is possible a true account of the family history to that point in time. If only it had been completed some 15 or 20 years later it might have included an interesting account about the Highland Maclea name change to Livingstone. Donald (Livingstone) Clink