Young Bachuil's Crest Badge

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Kyle2 MacLea

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

I wanted to ask for a favor from Niall if he has the ability to do so, which I think a lot of Clansmen would be interested in: If you look at one of the photos from the recent heraldic Congress, you can see Niall's crest badge on his cap: http://www.clanmclea.co.uk/gallery.asp?ID=44 I know that the process has been slow to get these badges ready for mass-production, but I wondered if Niall would mind showing a close-up of the one he is wearing in that picture?
Bachuil

Post by Bachuil »

I have added a picture to the gallery. My silversmith has posted a revised master of the new badge which I await with keen interest. I hesitate to say this - but we could have silver plated versions within a month. Niall
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Kyle2 MacLea

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Here's the link for the picture, for those who don't want to go looking through the gallery... http://www.clanmclea.co.uk/gallery.asp?ID=49 Despite the cinquefoil, I love the image of St. Moluag, and can't wait to see the new badges when they appear... of course, especially the strap-and-buckle form for we clansmen! Beautiful, Niall! Kyle=
D.W.Livingston

Post by D.W.Livingston »

Hello Niall, I was wondering if there has been any updates on the crest badge? David
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Bachuil

Post by Bachuil »

Well I now have a good garter (outer circle) with the motto - and a good inner crest - but the inner was too small for the outer! On the final legs. N
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Kyle2 MacLea

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Well, too late for the holiday season this year, but definitely eagerly anticipating getting myself a crest badge when the time arrives!
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

I second that. Jerry