Finished a Project with the McLeaLivingstone birth records.

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
D.W.Livingston

Post by D.W.Livingston »

I have spent a while transferring the raw data from Scotlands People records (1599 through 1906) into a visual representation that breaks down where the McLea and Livingstone were born in 50 year increments. I have a condensed GIF file on a webpage. The information was written in a 1200X1094 but my web master won't take it due to the size (4,121 KB)... so I shrunk it down to 800X729 and got it under 2,000 KB (which seems the upper limits). I also have it in a 7 page Powerpoint presentation where everything is legible and you can stop it on any page you like to look at the individual counties. If you want either FULL version (GIF or Powerpoint) please email me at v_1dlivi -at -hotmail -dot -com (To take from Kyle's email style) WARNING: IF YOU HAVE A DIAL UP MODEM PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK UNLESS YOU CAN AND WISH TO WAIT FOR THE FILE TO LOAD (It is 1,949 KB in size). I would hate for anyone to click it and then wait will 2 MB gets downloaded into a temp file. http://www.reclaimed-treasures.com/clan ... irths.html Please remember that some Parish records did not make it into Scotlands People so don't take this as a final "where everyone came from"... just a fun and informative presentation. David
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Bachuil

Post by Bachuil »

Well done David I have not been able to read my clan mail for a while - but have finally managed to get my business mail under control.
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
D.W.Livingston

Fixed the issue

Post by D.W.Livingston »

I was able to get it so the data is visible, the rate that it switches between times makes it hard to keep track of individual numbers but just let me know and I'll send out the Powerpoint presentation. Also I want to say that the page is only a temporary one. I believe that all Clan information should be stored in one centralized location, that way we don't risk the chance of losing valuable information if "member X" shuts down their website or "member Y" has to move things on their site and the link gets broken. Thank You All. David
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Bachuil

Ancestry

Post by Bachuil »

David, Don't know if you have seen this http://www.ancestry.com/search/ - fascinating stuff. N
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Canadian Livingstone

Fixed the issue

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

The idea of a centralized repository of Clan info is a great idea though I must remind you not a new one. It was greatly contested when I suggested it some months back. D