Alexander Livingstone

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Allan Livingstone1

Alexander Livingstone

Post by Allan Livingstone1 »

My late grandfather, Alexander Livingstone worked for Macbraynes at the turn of the 20th century and was based in Stornoway.The family moved to Plockton when my late father also Alexander was 9 years old,my father's brother Murdo was the manager at Mallaig for Macbraynes for many years and my fathers sister Greta  married Chris Munro the vet for Lewis and Harris(all deceased). My 2nd cousin Murdo Livingstone who resides in Stornoway and has done our family tree has a lot of information regarding the Livingstone Clan.  I went over with Murdo to Lismore to meet the Clan Chief at his home and we were made very welcome and stayed for over three hours before catching the ferry back to Oban.  I live in Fort William not too far from Lismore and pass it often on my way to Oban.  I have no relatives here in Fort William on my fathers side of the family apart from my Mother Barbera(85), sister Gillian(Mackinnon)and Alexander Livingstone(Fort William)and finally my twin brother David Livingstone who is married and settled in Sweden to a girl from Finland(Leyla Livingstone). My Grandparents and most of my Livingstone relatives are buried in the church graveyard in Plockton and some are buried in Kyle. I found this forum (GREAT IDEA)by chance and look forward to reading about many more Livingstones.
Robert Alexander Livingstone

Alexander Livingstone

Post by Robert Alexander Livingstone »

Hi Allan, I am responding because I like to follow the path of Christian names and it happens my brother is Allan, my father was Alexander and his father was Allan born in Lanark in 1867 and emigrated to New York in the 1880's. Prior to that we trace back to Lismore and the Baron's family which was proved through DBA testing. My grandfather had a brother Alexander who was born in 1861, and their father was John married to Euphemia McIntyre. Might that have been your grandfather? Regards, Bob L
Kyle2 MacLea

Alexander Livingstone

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Dear Allan, You should post some information for further back from your cousin Murdo if he doesn't mind sharing.  Then, it might be possible to connect you family to one of the others... Since I belong to one of the 'orphan' MacLea/Livingstone families, I of course have a vested interest.  I want to find others in Scotland related to ME!  But I think even if you're not related to me, there are others on the forum who definitely would be interested and may be family! Kyle=