DNA project update

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
D.W.Livingston

DNA project update

Post by D.W.Livingston »

Hello Donald, I am extremely happy that the DNA Project is moving forward, and the fall isn't to far off. I can't help but agree with you 100% that the fact that you and Andrew moving past any misunderstanding and disagreements is an excellent first step in unifying the clan. It also shows that things like this can happen without a committee, when two parties share a common cause (the addition of Dr. Livingstone's great-nephew DNA) As for your statement: "While I am still in discussion with David in hopes that we can make some progress it is that much more difficult to reach comprehensive resolutions without this committee. I suspect that last night the two groups with David could have met each half way and progress would have been the result. Anyways lets hope it somehow all works out." If you feel I have said anything in any past or future threads I am always open to discuss it further, as well as just to talk to you about Traditional and Universal differences. I believe with discussion we all (the clan as a whole) can come together on any issue. Thank you again. David
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Canadian Livingstone

DNA project update

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Kyle, I have tried and tried and tried to discuss
Canadian Livingstone

DNA project update

David, Under the circumstances you have been very kind to me and I very appreciate that you have gone the extra mile as it were for some kind of reconciliation. I was not always pleasant and for that I am very sorry. It was never meant to be personal. As I said recently, preserving the ancient heritage of the
Bachuil

Parents will understand

Post by Bachuil »

Dear All, I can't access my clan email at present.
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Kari Livingston

Parents will understand

Post by Kari Livingston »

Prayers to you and you father. Kari
Canadian Livingstone

Parents will understand

Niall, There are no words that can adequately express my despair at the news of your father's declining health. I greatly regret not visiting your father earlier and I know I will always regret this. And I know that the burden you have been carrying lately makes the present situation all the more difficult. My own tenuous health situation has helped me to better appreciate life each day at a time and forced me to try and put things in better perspective regarding differences of oppinion with the Clan. I realize that I have probably hung, drawn and quartered myself more than a few times as far as breaking Clan quorum is concerned, but with the best of noble intentions I like challenge clan members to use their hearts as well as their minds in responding to clan issues. If I have offended anyone with my unbridled candor I am sorry for that.If I err on the romantic side of our most ancient and noble clan then that is my weakness. Please do not look upon it as a trangression against the clan or for that matter take offence by my behavior for it is motivated by the highest principles and love of our Clan. I was looking for something here and I didn't find it, so I have to rethink the whole thing. Maybe expecting a different outcome. In the mean time not to worry David and I agree there will be peace in valley one way or another. We are talking. And I have promised to work with Andrew on the Dr. Livingstone Canadian DNA project colaborating with the Livingstone DNA project this fall. There are issues, but they really pale in significance to what is going back home in Scotland. my thoughts are with you,
Bachuil

Thank you

Post by Bachuil »

Thank you so much, Kari
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Bachuil

Parents will understand

Post by Bachuil »

Thank you, Donald. No offence has been taken and your sentiments are apprecaited.
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Andrew Lancaster4

Websites

Post by Andrew Lancaster4 »

Hello Donald Just some more thoughts... I accept that there might have been some advantage to having established a different web domain for the DNA project, and not one so obviously connected to me. In the long run I guess this must indeed happen, because no-one lives forever and the present situation means only I can upload and change the pages. It is, in other words, one job I can not easily share with co-administrators for the time being. Putting everything on my website (and previously on Rob's) was a good practical solution though, and does not currently cause any problems I can think of for the time being. (At the time, Rob was effectively the clan's website maker, and Niall's website was still building up. My first webpage was made at Rob's encouragement, in order to explain a theory I had about my Livingstones, and he linked to it. Much later he made me a co-administrator and started directing people to my webpage instead of his.) One advantage of having it owned by an administrator is that I do not have to go around asking people to pay me money to set up a domain. I just do it. From the previous posts, I think you will now be seeing that for practical reasons such a domain need not be in Niall's possession. The internet is
Jill Richmond

Parents will understand

Post by Jill Richmond »

Dear Niall, I am so sorry to read of your father's declining health. It is such a difficult time for you at present and my prayers are very much with you and all your family. Jill
Jill Richmond