Draft Letter to the National Trust for Scotland

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Kyle2 MacLea

Clan Carmichael response to NTS

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Wow, an excellent response that addresses our original concerns and the points they raised in follow-up.
Canadian Livingstone

Response from Clan MacKenzie

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

David and Kyle, Is that the "official" response of a branch association of Clan Mackenzie in the U.S. or of the entire Clan world wide. That is something to check out. Of course you must realize not everyone even Jacobite Clans will be sympathetic or supportive of what we are about. Some will accept the options presented to them by the National Trust and others will agree with us, but see resistance as futile. I think you might a range of oppinions, but your best bet will for you and Niall to bring the Clan Chiefs on side. The Associations will be more likely to fall in line with their Chief eventually and take our concerns more seriously. Just my oppinion anyways.
Kyle2 MacLea

Response from Clan MacKenzie

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

I'm almost certainly this must be the USA branch only... Kyle=
D.W.Livingston

Additional Clan Carmichael coorespondence to NTS

Post by D.W.Livingston »

I recieved another email from John Carmichael, which had the NTS response to him. I think I'll forward him the link to the postcard PDF's, if that is ok let me know. = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Dear Mr Bates, Thank you for your response (which follows this e-mail) to my e-mail of 28 September 2007 (which follows your response) regarding the Culloden memorial marker for the Appin Regiment. To address your second sentence below, while I did not include the words
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Kyle2 MacLea

Additional Clan Carmichael coorespondence to NTS

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

I have a response from a MacIntyre as well, which I will share later. But certainly -- spread the word far and wide to any and all resources I have put out there!