Scottish Newpapers

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Canadian Livingstone

Scottish Newpapers

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Here is site which has a list of Scottish newspapers some located in the Highlands. http://Scottishnewspapers.com/
Bachuil

Sunday Times

Post by Bachuil »

Just had a journalist from the Sunday Times on.
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
D.W.Livingston

Sunday Times

Post by D.W.Livingston »

That is excellent, did they contact you or was it a callback from you contacting them? Crossing my fingers on this. David
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Bachuil

Sunday Times

Post by Bachuil »

An old contact got in touch on another matter - this is more of a story!
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Canadian Livingstone

Scottish Newpapers

That is great news Niall, I think most of the Highland papers are listed on the above mentioned website
Jill Richmond

Scottish Newpapers

Post by Jill Richmond »

Thank you for letting us have that list of Scottish newspapers, Donald. I have put a copy of it on my Gathering 2009 file for possible future reference. Also, it is good news that someone from the Sunday Times has been in touch with Niall - hope something comes of it. Regards, Jill
Jill Richmond
Canadian Livingstone

Scottish Newpapers

Hi Jill, I have a list of locals in the Appin/Lismore/Mull area who may be kin to soldiers that fought in the APpin Regiment that includes addresses. At some point I am hoping someone in Scotland can send out our message in a form letter written by David or Kyle that would effectively get the message out and get support from the local families connected to the Appin regiment. As you can imagine there are not a great number of these particular families as many left Western Argyll for the Lowlands, North America and Australia between 1810 and 1850 roughly speaking. regards, Donald Clink