The MacIntyres take a stand on Culloden Marker

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Kyle2 MacLea

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Dear Forum I received this message from Dr. Martin MacIntyre, Lieutenant to the Chief of MacIntyre.
D.W.Livingston

Post by D.W.Livingston »

That is excellent Kyle. I am going to forward that to John Carmichael so he can share it with his clan. Did you happen to give Dr. MacIntyre the email addresses for NTS so he could send it himself, or did you just forward it like he asked? If anyone needs the full list of email addresses (not just Ms. Macpherson) they are: mail@ntsusa.org; dsmyth@nts.org.uk; Information@nts.org.uk; SMacpherson@nts.org.uk; PBurman@nts.org.uk; cdicamillo@ntsusa.org; cwahto@ntsusa.org; HBates@nts.org.uk These are both the main NTS and the US chapter. David
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Kyle2 MacLea

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Indeed, David! I did send this to Carmichael of Carmichael, the Chief. I also both forwarded it to NTS and gave the email addresses to Martin to spread the word.
Bachuil

Post by Bachuil »

Well Done. Once again reference is goven to the Muster Roll - edited by my father - and ignored by the scholars at the NTS. Regards Niall
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

You will find the Chiefs and their clan leadership to be for the most part sympathetic and in many cases ready to lend a helping hand. Looking at the responses received by David, Kyle's and Jerry's recent inniatives it is obvious that we are not alone in our frustration with the NTS. Apparently the NTS haven't handled Bannockburn any better. Despite the wave of Scottish pride that has swept the land in recent years, there are some historians that want to rewrite Scottish history. It does not help that there are lot of people in the British Isles that support a revisionist approach to the Battle of Culloden and Bannockburn. regards, Donald
Kyle2 MacLea

MacInnes on the March!

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Indeed, Donald! Due to your contacts within the MacInnes clan association, I (and you) have just received emails detailing their President's pretty strong agreement with our position.
Canadian Livingstone

MacInnes on the March!

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Yes I think some sort of "standing council", with representation from Appin Regiment clans would be beneficial to our clan. This issue of the marker brings to light the need to establish regular communication channels between Clan MacLea Livingstone and these other clans. Donald (Livingstone) Clink