Famous McLeas/Livingstones

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Craig McClay Wilson

Post by Craig McClay Wilson »

Not much going on at the Forum, so thought I'd start this thread. Are there other famous McLeas out there beyond the two obvious: Dr. David Livingstone and our Chief, Alastair Livinstone, Baron of Bachuil and holder of the oldest Title in the U.K.? Here is one. Are there others? The Monday Interview: So what makes this top Ulster tycoon tick? [Published: Monday 6, August 2007 - 08:53] By Nigel Tilson Big business is often accused of having little or no compassion and an obsession with making money. But a desire to look after the "family" was the key factor behind the creation of an Ulster company now playing a major role in the global battle against cancer. The philanthropic Sir Allen McClay, who was knighted for his services to business and charity, felt he had a "bounden duty" to set up Craigavon-based Almac Group, which is undertaking some of the most advanced medical research on the planet. At the start of the millennium, Galen, the pharmaceutical company he founded in 1968 that became the first Ulster business valued at
Robert Alexander Livingstone

Post by Robert Alexander Livingstone »

How about the Livingstone seed company out here in the mid west USA.
Robert Alexander Livingstone

Post by Robert Alexander Livingstone »

Here is another I have often wondered about.
Jill Richmond

Post by Jill Richmond »

Yes he is Bob. I think that his father came from Dunoon. Regards, Jill
Jill Richmond