2009 Gathering-Hotels

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Tommy Livingstone

2009 Gathering-Hotels

Post by Tommy Livingstone »

I have been making enquiries to book a complete hotel in Edingburgh for our Clan on the two days of the gathering.
Kyle2 MacLea

2009 Gathering-Hotels

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

I wish, I wish I could commit to it now, but I cannot.
Jill Richmond

2009 Gathering-Hotels

Post by Jill Richmond »

Hello Tommy, I would suggest that you liase with David Livingston. Back in the Autumn we formed an informal committee to look into the availability of hotels, venues to visit etc. David was getting in touch with a travel agent, but since the beginning of November I have not heard any news. I suggest you get in touch with David. Regards, Jilll
Jill Richmond
D.W.Livingston

2009 Gathering-Hotels

Post by D.W.Livingston »

Hello Everyone, Sorry for the quiet time... I have been completely focusing on some personal issues and getting employment but to let everyone know about where I last was with the Hotel and accommodations, etc I contacted a few places that were helpful but like Tommy they would need numbers of the people that are going... some said that they could handle small groups and some said that each individual should call them separately so a point of contact like Tommy or myself wouldn't need to worry about the stress. It might be best just to have the clan choose a travel agent from the list that the Gathering website shows (that can get the passbooks/tickets for the walk and festivities) and then have each individual contact them, state they are a LivingstoneMacLea. That way the thing is unified but still handled by each individual... I don't think we as a group would be able to rent out a hotel but perhaps the travel agent might have some pull to hold a number of rooms in one location, or when people call them they will know to put the people in hotels close to each other. Hope this helps and I'll try to be here more as the new year progresses. :) David
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Suzanne Livingstone

2009 Gathering-Hotels

Post by Suzanne Livingstone »

Hi David.
Suzanne Livingstone

2009 Gathering-Hotels

Hi Kyle.
Suzanne Livingstone

2009 Gathering-Hotels

Sorry meant the Livingston clan "is not" listed as having a tent Hmmm... there's Holiday Inn Livingston, although only two stars.
Bachuil

2009 Gathering-Hotels

Post by Bachuil »

I am awaaiting a response from one of the gathering recommended tour operators on package prices - will need to chase up. Niall
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Tommy Livingstone

2009 Gathering-Hotels

Post by Tommy Livingstone »

Niall, I am coming up in around April to see Torquhil Argyll as I have made some sticks for him and his wife.
John Livingston

2009 Gathering-Hotels

Post by John Livingston »

Hi Folks Just touching base to see if there had been any further developments with regards to accomodation for this event?