Another wee bairn

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Glenda McPherson

Angus Livingstone

Post by Glenda McPherson »

Yes, this Angus b.1840 was my great grandfather and grandson of the original Bras d'Or Angus - he moved to Australia in 1860 and had two sons and many other descendants, including me. Glenda
margaret

Another wee bairn

Post by margaret »

Congratulations! Best wishes to you all. Lesley
Canadian Livingstone

Angus Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Glenda, Well we are glad that you have been able through the Australian records to determine your highland Livingstone family connection on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. Keith had indicated that his family also had a connecction so I have been most interested in pursuing this area or research to better understand how Angus Livingston was connected to the Australian Livingstons. I appreciated greatly your help in this matter. As we have learned over the this year and last at the forum, Nova Scotia and Cape Breton in particular became home to several Livingstone familes primarily from Mull in Argyllshire Scotland in the early 1800's. I am hoping that we hear from from your Livingston cousins that still live in the Bras d'or area of Cape Breton and who are decendants of pioneer Angus Livingstone who was the grandfather of your Angus Livingston who settled in Australia. Perhaps you should try and contact some of the Bras d'or Livingstones and see if any of them are interested in family history. I noticed there was an Ann Capstick of Cape Breton doing research on Angus and his decendants with a web page. regards, Donald