RIP Alastair Livingstone of Bachuil

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Kyle2 MacLea

From Alan Livingstone

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

I got this on the DNA Project list and thought I would pass it along... I have problems posting on the forum so may I pass my deepest sympathy to you and your family. Alan Livingstone and Family
Andrew Lancaster4

Post by Andrew Lancaster4 »

Dear Niall I suppose we may call this the end of a fine era for this clan, and I believe it will be the start of a very good new one in the same tradition. I am so very happy that I was able to meet your father on behalf of my own Livingstone family, just as I am happy to have your acquaintance. Like everyone who met them, it seems, our memory of your parents is of very warm and open people, who were willing to go out of their way for anyone who made the effort to visit. From my family to yours: our deepest condolences and best wishes for the future. Yours Andrew
Craig McClay Wilson

Post by Craig McClay Wilson »

Dear Niall, Was sad to hear of the passing of your father, the "oldest peer in the realm". May I join the long list of clan members and others in extending my deepest sympathies. Craig
Bachuil

Post by Bachuil »

There is a lovely obit and photo here http://www.scotsheraldry.com/?p=109#comments which you may like to see. Thanks for the kind comments. Niall
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Robert Dougald Livingstone

Post by Robert Dougald Livingstone »

I have just read of your Fathers death and I wish to send you and your family my sincerest condolences. It was in 2004 that my wife and I had the privilege and honour to meet your Father and Mother, spending several hours with them and this memory shall remain a high point with us. He was truely a great and graceous gentleman and shall be greatly missed. You and your family shall be in our thoughts and prayers at this time
Robert Alexander Livingstone

Post by Robert Alexander Livingstone »

Dear Niall, I was very saddened to here of your father's passing.
Elleni Livingston(nee Marris)

Post by Elleni Livingston(nee Marris) »

Condolences and prayers on your recent sad loss
D.W.Livingston

Post by D.W.Livingston »

Dear Niall, I was saddened to hear of your fathers passing, but take a small bit of happiness that his passing was peaceful. Please except my condolences to you, your mother, and your family. Sincerely and Heart Felt, David
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Allan Livingstone1

Post by Allan Livingstone1 »

With much sadness I read of the Clan Chief's passing in the Oban Times.May I offer my deepest sympathy to your mother and all the family. I met your mum and dad a few years ago with my cousin from Stornoway and fondly remember their very warm welcome and their kindness to Murdo and myself.
Andrew Lancaster4

From Alan Livingstone

Post by Andrew Lancaster4 »

Thanks for passing on Alan's message Kyle. Alan had only just a month or so ago discovered to his surprise that he is a long lost relative of Niall and his father! I am glad the project has helped in some ways to re-create ties in this ancient clan. Best Regards Andrew