RIP Alastair Livingstone of Bachuil

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Marma de Lujan Mindez de Levingston

Post by Marma de Lujan Mindez de Levingston »

Dear Niall, I received yesterday with sadness from your mother the announcement of your father
Keith Livingstone Australia

Post by Keith Livingstone Australia »

I'll always treasure my day spent with your father and mother on Lismore, and the beautiful home-cooked meal I had with them, and the Gaelic toast over a shot of whisky with your father. I have it on DVD. He was very chirpy and a lot of fun. He must've been about 92 or more?
Ewan McKellar

Post by Ewan McKellar »

It was with sadness that myself and a group of fellow OL's learnt of the Barons death shortly after the Calcutta cup match in Edinburgh on saturday. We were able to share together in a toast to his memory and the fine hospitality we have enjoyed over the years with him in Lismore. He was one of life's great characters and will be sorely missed.
Bill McLean

Post by Bill McLean »

Niall,
Bachuil

Post by Bachuil »

In a diocesan email +Martin sent this Dear Friends, This morning at 5.30am, Alastair Livingstone of Bachuil died peacefully on the Island of Lismore. As most of you will know, the history of the Livingstones is uniquely bound into the early history of Christianity in this region. Each Bishop of the Diocese of Argyll and The Isles has the privilege of holding the staff of St Moluag, which is one of the most ancient of Christian sacred relics in Britain. There are websites that have the history of Livingstone of Bachuil and indeed of the staff. Please pray for the soul of Alastair and pray for his wife and his family. We give thanks to God for his love and commitment to the Church. May he rest in peace and rise in glory. Bishop Martin The Right Reverend A Martin Shaw The Bishop of Argyll and The Isles The Pines Ardconnel Road Oban Argyll PA34 5DR
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea