RIP Alastair Livingstone of Bachuil

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Bachuil

Post by Bachuil »

My father, Alastair, died peacefully at Bachuil at about 5.30am on Friday 29th April. St Moluag pray for us. Niall
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Jill Richmond

Post by Jill Richmond »

Dear Niall, It has been with great sadness that I have just read of your father's death early this morning, and I send you, your mother and all your family my deepest sympathy in your loss. Your father was a wise and good man, and his passing will be deeply felt by his wider family, Clan MacLea. He was a true father of the clan. You and your family will be much in my thoughts in the coming days. It is a very sad time for you all, and you all will be remembered in my prayers. Jill
Jill Richmond
Tommy Livingstone

Post by Tommy Livingstone »

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
Bachuil

Funeral

Post by Bachuil »

The Funeral will take place at the Cathedral Church of St Moluag on Thursday 6 March at 1pm.
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Kevin Livingston

Post by Kevin Livingston »

Niall, It is with regret that I write after your note advising of loss of your father. This must be simply devastating for your and your family. Our deepest sympathy. Please pass on the condolences of all those within with the Australian and New Zealand Branchs of the Clan to your mother and others members of your family. Kevin Livingston Lieutenant for the Clan Livingstone/Clan MacLea Society of Australia and New Zealand
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

A great era in our clan history has come to an end with the passing of Baron Livingstone. For a good part of a century Alistair Livingstone has been the heart and soul of Highland Clan Livingstone and a leader to Livingstones worldwide. Our old Chief is gone but his memory endures on Lismore evermore. His kindness and hospitality to those who visited Bachuil will be remembered for years to come. Niall and family are in our thoughts and prayers. Farewell
Kyle2 MacLea

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

As Alastair Livingstone of Bachuil was our Chief and a great man from what is told, I join in the condolences to the family of the Chief and the rest of our Clan.
Kevin Livingston

Post by Kevin Livingston »

From Geoff and Heather Butler and the Friends of Appin Society: Thank you so much for letting me know. I have contacted Mairi Lester (nee Smith) and told her. She saw him when she was over last year. It is so sad that he has gone, but what a marvellous job he did as clan Chief. He was so gracious and helpful to all of us when we filled his loungeroom at
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

I contacted Norm MacInnes of the International Society of Clan MacInnis yesterday and spoke with David Livingstone great-nephew of Dr. David Livingstone and both wished to express their condolences to Niall, his family and Clan Maclea Livingstone. Donald
Kyle2 MacLea

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Thank you for doing that, Donald, it was very thoughtful! Kyle=