Alastair's Funeral

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Bachuil

Alastair's Funeral

Post by Bachuil »

A week on I thought I would post this note about Father's funeral. We were incredibly lucky with the weather as storms had disrupted ferry services for days before and after the funeral.  It was a grey day with showers - but we managed to get away without a thorough soaking. The Revd John Murdoch took the service, assisted by the Interim Moderator, Mr Bill Harvey.  John had been Minister of Lismore but moved recently to Largo in Fife.  It was kind of him to return to bury his old friend. As people arrived at the Church my cousin Peggy
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Canadian Livingstone

Alastair's Funeral

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Thank-you for sharing your father's funeral with your MacLea-Livingstone clan folk. No doubt the Baron would have been pleased with this beautiful service on his Island of Lismore and at at a church that he so loved.Our thoughts continue to be with you,your Mom, Deirdre,Catriona,Morag, Alexander and all the Bachuil Livingstone kin at this time.
Kyle2 MacLea

Alastair's Funeral

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Dear Bachuil, The funeral and wake for your late father sounds absolutely beautiful and perfect.
Jerry

Alastair's Funeral

Post by Jerry »

Thank you for sharing the details of the funeral and wake of your late father. I'm sure others will feel as I did after reading your details like they were actually there. Jerry
Jill Richmond

Alastair's Funeral

Post by Jill Richmond »

Thank you so much for sharing with us the day of your father's funeral. I was thinking of you all on the day and hoping that the weather would hold for you, and it seems that it did. Your posting conveyed the scene so well that it was easy to imagine the lovely service in the beautiful small church and the wake afterwards. Today there is a very good obit. in The Herald. It is on their website www.theherald.co.uk. In the paper itself they have used the very good photograph of your father with his banner forming the background. There is also a smaller photo of you holding the Bachuil Mor. Jill
Jill Richmond
Canadian Livingstone

Alastair's Funeral

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Thanks for that Jill. The Herald obituary is a stirring tribute to the late Chief and gives us a good insight into his interesting life.
Bachuil

Alastair's Funeral - Order of Service

Post by Bachuil »

Thanks for that Jill.
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Jill Richmond

Post by Jill Richmond »

Thank you, Bachuil, for posting the Order of Service sheet - a lovely simple service. Jill
Jill Richmond
Kyle2 MacLea

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Beautiful!
Bachuil

Scotsman Obituary

Post by Bachuil »

An Obituary appeared in yesterdays Scotsman see http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/obituar ... 3891106.jp but as usual there are a few errors!
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea