Livingstones and Livingstons in Canada Circa 1901

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Ralph Livingstone

Post by Ralph Livingstone »

Hi, Donald - My brother David has indicated that he believes the family had a Selkirk connection - but I'm not sure what info he has used to make that inference. I have no doubt that Lord Selkirk had some strong influence on every settler - especially Scottish ones - of the period. R
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

HI Ralph, How are things going with your family history research? regards, Donald
Ralph Livingstone

Post by Ralph Livingstone »

Hi Donald - From my own standpoint, I've been very satisfied with the new information we've picked up lately. I tend to concentrate on a project like this for a time, then slow down for a period as I work on other pressing matters, and then hit it again as time allows. I've been spending some time researching my Mother's line (Clan Shaw) as well. Since the number of ancestors only increases as we look back in time, the details get more complicated as we go. Thank goodness for computers! Best Regards - Ralph
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Alison, was your ancestor Angus b. 1837 in Cape Breton. Son of John Livingstone and Anne McGillivary. Regards Roberta
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Suzanne, Yes on my father's side the Movern Highland Livingstones spelt it Livingstone or Livingston, while on my mom's side the New York State Livingston's spelt it Levingston. Havent attempted to