Heavyweight Record

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Allan Livingstone

Heavyweight Record

Post by Allan Livingstone »

Just to let you all know that the heaviest babies born in Scotland in 1954 are now the grand old age of 50. My Brother David Livingstone(Sweden) and myself were born in the village of Caol  near Fort William on the 8/9 th of December where we weighed 17lbs between us.(still a record to this day).  I was 7.5lbs before midnight and David was 9.5lbs after midnight.Mum(Bessie Livingstone) who is now 85 and is still alive stays in the same house where we were born.  I just thought I would share this happy story because we are proud to have the name of Livingstone as record breakers.  It is also funny that we share different days to celebrate our birtdays.
Bachuil

Heavyweight Record

Post by Bachuil »

Congratulations. Livingstones have always been quite tall. Regards, Niall
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Kyle2 MacLea

Heavyweight Record

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

And a happy birthday to you both! Kyle=
Robert Alexander Livingstone

Heavyweight Record

Post by Robert Alexander Livingstone »

Congratulations on yur 50th birthday.  How did the size carry forward?  Is David still the larger by 25%. Another question;  Your given name of Allan, was that passed down through the generations?  If so you ever tracked it back? BobL
Gillian Livingstone

Heavyweight Record

Post by Gillian Livingstone »

Hi Uncle Allan, Just wanted to wish you and my dad the best on your fiftieth birthdays, albeit belatedly. Glad to hear everyone is well. I think of you all often. Take care, Gillian
Keith Livingstone Australia

Heavyweight Record

Post by Keith Livingstone Australia »

My brother Colin and I may share the lightweight record for Livingstone twins. We were 9lbs combined, b 18/10/58. Our mother's maiden name was Stanley, and they were married in Kenya, and the East African Standard refused at first to accept the engagement notice.
Allan Livingstone1

Heavyweight Record

Post by Allan Livingstone1 »

Failte(Welcome in Gaelic) Keith,many thanks for your reply to my heavyweight posting.I am sure that you and Colin may be the lightest Livingstone's twins on record.My Late father Alexander Livingstone was from Stornoway where my grandfather was the Macbraynes(shipping) manager at the turn of the 20th century.The family moved to Plocton(Ross-shire) when my father was 9 years old,my father came to work for Esso in Fort William where he met my mother Barbera(Macdougall).My father was buried here in the local graveyard in Lochaber, but his own parents and nearly of his family are buried in the Church of Scotland graveyard in Plocton.I have two sons and one of them has your namesake and he is now 26 and lives in Invergordon(Ross-shire) where he is a chef,and Donald who is 10 years old.Donald attends the local Gaelic Medium in Fort William and has fluent Gaelic. Hope to hear from you again in the future, Regards,Allan Livingstone.
Allan Livingstone1

Heavyweight Record

Post by Allan Livingstone1 »

Hi Gillian........nice to hear from you and thanks for your birthday wishes.If you want to contact me you can do so on my hotmail address. Look forward to your reply, Allan.
Keith Livingstone Australia

Heavyweight Record

Post by Keith Livingstone Australia »

Allan; I was over your way in July 2002 and spent a great afternoon with Baron Alastair and his wife Valerie on Lismore, as well as some time with his son Niall and family in Milnathort. I loved Ballaculish and Glencoe. My brother lives in Powys, North Wales. Some time in the next year or so we would both like to take our young families up to Argyll to explore..probably with big camper vans! I've got 4 and he's got 3. By the way my great grandfather Neil McLean Livingstone was 5'9" and 19 stone, and was a pianoforte dealer in Edinburgh when he died sudddenly at 42. Apparently he competed in strongman contests and moved pianos quite happily by himself. One night he was put in the slammer after a jovial night but was very pleased that it took 6 of Edinburgh's finest to get him there. Curiously enough in my Aunty's possession there was an 1895 notebook ascribed to "Brother Neil McLean Livingstone, ...Order of Rechabites"...a temperance order! His father Gavin was named as a "Clyde Police Constable" on Neil's birth certificate. I imagine Clyde in 1864 would have been an interesting place to be Mr Plod. Cheers! Keith.
Gillian Livingstone

Heavyweight Record

Post by Gillian Livingstone »

Hi again :) I tried to guess the e-mail address, but the address I sent it to bounced the message back with mailbox unavailable. I'm not even sure its the right address, but I went for what I think is the most logical one. I have contacted the webmaster to ask would he mind passing on my email address to you. Hope that's ok with you. Thanks for replying, you made my night when I found it. Take Care, Gillian