Heavyweight Record

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Mary Mck

Heavyweight Record

Post by Mary Mck »

Allan, I was interested in your post due to my recent search for my grandmother's "tree".
Robert Alexander Livingstone

Heavyweight Record

Post by Robert Alexander Livingstone »

Hi Mary, That's kind of interesting.
Allan Livingstone1

Heavyweight Record

Post by Allan Livingstone1 »

Hello Mary,I have my own family tree thanks to my late father's cousin Murdo Livingstone.I will look at the tree and get back to you. Regards, Allan Livingstone
Mary Mck

Heavyweight Record

Post by Mary Mck »

Allan, Here is additional info I have on my Allan Livingstone, from Thomas Livingstone's marriage record:
Allan Livingstone1

Heavyweight Record

Post by Allan Livingstone1 »

Hello Mary, I have checked the family tree and there are not very many Allan's, in fact I am the only one,there are plenty Alexander, Donald,William,and Murdoch Livingstone. My parents were Alexander Livingstone (1915-1985) and Barbera Macdougall(1919-2005)Livingstone. Granparents Alexander Livingstone (Macbraynes staff member stationed at Stornoway,Mallaig and Kyle)and Alice Macleod.My Greatgrandparents were Murdoch Livingstone(Fernabeg Plockton 18??-1881 and Catherine Mackenzie.greatgreatgrandparents were John Macleay 1807-18?2 and Catherine Gillanders 1809-1896 and finally greatgreatgreatgranparents John Maclea 1771---???? Mary Mackenzie 1774-1858 and they were married in 1799.Mary was the daughter of Alex Mackenzie Tenant, Langwell and Ann Gillies. My immediate Livingstone/Maclea connections all belong to Lewis/Kyle/Plockton area.The Church of Scotland graveyard at Plockton is where most of my Livingstone relatives rest in peace. I am planning to go to Plockton in July to photograph the headstones and I will post the information here. The above information was supplied to me by my late father's cousin Murdo Livingstone who resides in Lewis. Allan.
Rob Livingston2

Heavyweight Record

Post by Rob Livingston2 »

Hi Allan,
Mary Mck

Heavyweight Record

Post by Mary Mck »

Allan, Thanks for your help.
Jill Richmond

Heavyweight Record

Post by Jill Richmond »

Just to say that my great grandfather was called Duncan Livingston. He moved to Glasgow around 1865 from Crarae, Argyll. He had a connection with horses in that for a number of years he was a breadvan driver before going into business on his own account as a grocer and provision merchant. His wife was Betsy Cameron, so maybe he is the witness at your ancestor's marriage. On the other hand this may be a red herring, but I thought I'd let you know just in case. Good luck in your searches, Jill
Jill Richmond
Mary Livingstone

Heavyweight Record

Post by Mary Livingstone »

Dear Allan I have traced my line of Livingston(e)s back to the early 1800's (mainly in the Ardnamurchan area).
Andrew Lancaster4

Caol

Post by Andrew Lancaster4 »

Hi If you have the birth certificate, does it not mention the parents' names? That one extra generation back might help people to spot a link. Regards Andrew