Heavyweight Record

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Mary Livingstone

Caol

Post by Mary Livingstone »

Thanks Andrew for that suggestion – a very brief summary of the ancestry of Hugh Cameron Livingston : Son of  : - Hugh Livingston, (born 1877, Portuairk, Ardnamurchan, died Glasgow, 1925)  and Mary Turner (married 1901, Glasgow).      Grandson of  : - Donald Livingston (born c1842, in Ardnamurchan) and Janet Jamieson (married 1863, Rothesay).   Donald died 1896 in Glasgow.  Janet moved back to Ardnamurchan where she died in 1912, Great-grandson of : - Hugh Livingston (born c1804) and Anne Cameron (married 17 December 1833, Ardnamurchan).    Hugh died 1868 in Portuairk, Ardnamurchan.  Hugh and Anne had at least 9 known children:   Catherine, Duncan, John, Donald, Angus (my direct line), Ann, Mary, John and Annie.  Great-great-grandson of : Donald Livingston and Catherine MacPherson.  My only sources for these two are the death notices for two of their children.   Family legend passed down to me is that we are descended from the Donald “that rescued the standard for Bonnie Prince Charlie” at Culloden, but so far I have not had time to research all this – I have concentrated on the Ardnamurchan parish records..  I have noted the comments on Culloden in this Clan Forum with great interest – if anyone can recommend a detailed book on that battle, I would be grateful, as I can get to the British Library to read it. Thanks Mary   
Allan Livingstone1

Heavyweight Record(Caol)

Post by Allan Livingstone1 »

Dear Mary I am not related to the Livingston family who still reside at 53,Kilmallie Road, Caol.Hugh's widow Catherine is still alive but has been of poor health of late. My father was Alexander Livingstone who was born at Plockton in 1915 and died in Fort William in 1985,my mother was Barbera(Bessie)Livingstone nee Macdougall was born in Kinlochleven in 1919 and she died this year in April 2005 at the grand age of 86. I was brought up in Caol and know your family line well,we Livingston(e)'s are well known in the Lochaber area and a lot of people still ask me if I am related to Cathie's family. My late parents had a house at 124 Glenkingie Street,Caol and one of Cathie's daughter Helen(Blackmore)was a neighbour to them and she stayed in 121 and now stays in 120 Glenkingie Street.Helen and her family have been very kind to my late mother, as my mother was not too well over the past 5 years before she died. My Granfather(Hugh Macdougall) came here from Kinlochleven to work at the British Alcan factory in 1929, and My father came here to work with Esso Petroleum who had a Petrol storage and supply building which was based in the Parade area of Fort William where he met my mother. My late Granfather Alexander Livingstone was a shipping agent for Macbraynes based in Stornoway at the turn of the century. My family on the Macdougall side, just like your Livingston family here there are loads of relations in Fort William but on my fathers side there is nobody here and that is why this site is invaluable in tracing our Livingston(e) ancestors. Mary,what connection are you to Hugh Cameron Livingston? Nice hearing from you and dont hesitate to contact me if you want to know more of Hugh and Cathie's family her in Lochaber. Kind Regards, Allan Inverlochy Fort William
Mary Livingstone

Heavyweight Record(Caol)

Post by Mary Livingstone »

Allan It would be good to exchange email addresses, by the sound of it, as there is obviously lots of family matters to talk about ! I shall email Niall and ask him to forward to you my email address. Thanks regards Mary
Andrew Lancaster4

Heavyweight Record

Post by Andrew Lancaster4 »

Concerning this old post, I just noticed a seeming relative on the Livingstone Rootsweb forum: http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/LI ... 1186605748 Niall, if Allan is not a frequent visitor, could you perhaps send him a mail? Regards Andrew
Kyle2 MacLea

Welcome!

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Welcome, Ron!
Kim Livingstone

Heavyweight Record

Post by Kim Livingstone »

thought you might like to know my Brother David Livingstone and Sister Victoria Livingstone are twins weighting 7.12, and 8.6, they were very large twins as well. Though I see still a way off from your record.
Ron Corbeille

Livingston Database

Post by Ron Corbeille »

David , Thanks for the information, it added some detail. yeas they are all related. Prdon my not understanding, what does the numbers following the inf/names Ref; Marriage on Alexander to Dryden, 611/01 0020 ? Somewhere I am going to find connection. Too many Neils to not be tied nto David L's family. RonC, Michigan
Kyle2 MacLea

Livingston Database

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Hi Ron, The numbers are the ID numbers for records through the GROS (General Register Office for Scotland), I believe.