Gathering 2009 Suggested PLAN

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Bachuil

Post by Bachuil »

Dear All, I am starting a new thread to try and firm up numbers and plans. On the basis that the focus is the Gathering I have booked a tent and would suggest that it is essential to obtain a Gathering Passport
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Jill Richmond

Post by Jill Richmond »

Dear Niall, I have just read your plan for the Gathering and I think it sounds super. I have only one query: are we all going to try to stay in the same hotel in Edinburgh? I shall go ahead and apply for two passports for Brian and myself. I am afraid that I shall not be able to take part in the parade. This is because I have a very weak knee (it has two plates and twelve screws) and I wear a brace when out and about. At the end of January I tripped and went an absolute purler, landing on my shoulder and fracturing it. It has healed now and I have almost full movement of my arm back. I think, regretfully, that I would be a liability on the march up the Royal Mile. I do hope you will understand. I would love to be present at all the other festivities though. Regards, Jill
Jill Richmond
Ralph Livingstone

Post by Ralph Livingstone »

We have been exploring the idea of attending the Gathering, and while looking over the passport order form I noticed that the "gold" passports are already listed as "sold out". It seems to me quite early for this to have occurred; but then again it has been predicted that this should be the largest Gathering yet.
Bachuil

Passports

Post by Bachuil »

Yes Ralph - looks as they they have gone. It also looks as though we should try and buy as a group so that we can sit together.
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Ralph Livingstone

Passports

Post by Ralph Livingstone »

My wife Jackie has looked into lodging in Edinburgh for the period as well - and found several venues already "unavailable". She opines that professional tour agents may be grabbing up available rooms and tickets in preparation for the event. If a contingent of Clan McLea/Livingstone plans to sit together in the "silver" area, it may be wise for us to try to purchase passports as soon as possible. We have decided to make the trip - as that time coincides with our 25th wedding anniversary, and we have never visited Scotland. Please let me know if it is decided to purchase passports as a group, and whether we are to forward funds directly, or through a member of the Clan. Even if we buy tickets separately, I look forward to the opportunity to meet with many Livingstones and McLeas there. Yours Aye, Ralph
Bachuil

Passports

Post by Bachuil »

I understand that Cashel Travel have made a large number of block bookings.
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Jill Richmond

Passports

Post by Jill Richmond »

I have already booked two passports in the silver section. The person I spoke to on Saturday told me that there is really very little difference between gold and silver seats and that the view from the silver seats is as good as from the gold, the only difference being that whereas the gold seats face the castle the silver ones are slightly at an angle. I just pass that information on for what it's worth. Jill
Jill Richmond
Bachuil

Passports

Post by Bachuil »

Yes Jill that is true. N
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
D.W.Livingston

Post by D.W.Livingston »

Hello All, I would love to say I will be able to attend. Some may remember that I started a planning session back last August but due to a unforeseen time of unemployment I am not sure I will be able to attend now, but I'll still give feedback and thoughts for all. I wish to move forward like I will be able to attend and the tentative schedule sounds fabulous but with the deadline for the passports I am unsure if my family will be able to march and see the Clan Pageant... It would be my wife, and two children which makes 4 tickets at
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Mary Livingstone

Passports

Post by Mary Livingstone »

Just to let you know, for numbers: