Seeking Ayrshire Livingstone Connections

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Bob Livingstone

Post by Bob Livingstone »

My immediate family are from Dailly in Carrick, Ayrshire. My Grandfather and father were born there. Both of them were named Alexander. My grandmother was a first cousin of my grandfather her name was Mary Ann Lochlan Livingstone. ( apparently Lochlan is a family name but I have no idea of its origin) An aunt of mine, now sadly deceased told me that our branch of the family were originally from the area of Appin in Argyllshire and were closely assosciated with the Stewart clan thereof I would love to hear from anyone who might be a relative no matter how distant.
Rob Livingston2

Post by Rob Livingston2 »

Hi Bob,  If you will check out my web page on Appin Births, Deaths and Marriages, you might find some clues:  http://pages.sbcglobal.net/rlivingston1488/appin.htm. There was an Alexander Livingstone who died Jan 4, 1872 of Easdale (Appin).  Further down the listings is a baptism on June 12, 1812 for an Alexander Livinstone, son of Angus, a shepherd from Ballachulish (Appin).  There may be other info of use if you scan it carefully. I'd love to see you join our DNA Project to examine how closely the Appin Livingstones are related to the Lismore Livingstones (I suspect it is a fairly close relationship). Good Luck, Rob Livingston Placerville, California