Biography of Duncan Livingstone born Ohio 1850 !!!

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Jewel Brown1

Post by Jewel Brown1 »

Thank you so much Niall. Yes, it really is very satisfying to find such a treasure. Not only is it a thrill to find it, but to know that it is going to be of such help to many people, well I can't explain the excitement that is felt. My best to you, Jewel
Kyle2 MacLea

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

I have to agree about how a great a find this was... and all in all a great collaboration from David to Donald to you Jewel, each finding pieces of the story! Great find--and yes, Donald, if we can find members of this family to DNA test, that would be even better!
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Kyle, Well as the biography states at the end, Duncan never married, so there arent likely any descendants, but of course of the census and biography indicates there were brothers and other family in Scioto County, Ohio. So there is a good chance that descendants of one of the brothers I mentioned in one my pieces on Duncan are still around somewhere in Ohio or elsewhere. And who knows perhaps someday they like Jewel and Roberta and many others they will come to the forum seeking knowledge of their ancestors. Yes there is potential for the DNA project should we be fortunate enough to make contact with descendants of Duncan's brothers in Ohio or elsewhere in the U.S. Genealogy has proven to be a popular pastime with many families these days particularly with the advent of internet, family web sites, and genealogical orientated sites. And of course there is always interest in highland clans like Livingstones because there are so many folks out there of Scottish origin in North America. I have always thought it important help clan members with their genealogical searches and enjoy doing so. YOu should also know that I have easy access to Scottish census records from 1841 to 1901 for any Livingstones or Livingstons that were still residing in Scotland during this time. regards, Donald
Kyle2 MacLea

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Well, I *did* notice the lack of Duncan descendants, but was thinking of the brothers, etc.