Laughlin Livingston

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Canadian Livingstone

Laughlin Livingston

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Jewel, I think that the info you have pretty much covers the Sparta,Illinois Bachuil Livingstones nicely. No one is doing Bachuil Livingstones in America yet from that family, but should we be contacted we will have lots of info from what has been located in the past and in more recently. I know that the Baron is aware that he has cousins in the states; Rob was one, but there is now evidence than more than Rob's Bachuil branch settled in the United States which I did not know before we looked into it closely. In addition to two or possibly three Bachuil Livingstone branches in the States descended from sons of a Baron of Bachuil that settled in the states, I think I have found yet another that settled in Ontario Canada in the 1800's. No doubt your postings and mine on this subject will prove of help to someone in the States who may belief they have a Bachuil Livingstone connection with Baron Livingstone's ancestors. Interesting to know how many distant cousins, the Baron has in Illinois. regards, Donald
Jewel Brown1

Laughlin Livingstone

Post by Jewel Brown1 »

Jewel Brown1

Laughlin Livingstone

Post by Jewel Brown1 »

Canadian Livingstone

Laughlin Livingston

Hi Roberta, Only one other Miles Livingston born in 1775 in Western Argyllshire that we know of and that is the Miles or Myles that was baptised on the Baron's neighbouring Island of Lismore in the year 1775: son of Miles Livingston and Christian Campbell as you mentioned. The other Miles that lived on the Island in the 1760's and 1770's was a married adult in 1775 when Myles or Miles was born. The Lord Selkirk Red River COlony records indicate that MIles was born abt. 1775 and his marriage record back in the highlands indicate that he was born on the MOrven mainland adjacent to the Isle of Lismore. But Miles in his ignorance could have mistaken Isle of Lismore for Morven seeing as they are in such close geographic proximity to each other and not having lived in this part of Scotland for many years. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Laughlin Livingston

Hi Jewel, Yes that marriage record in 1845 would be for Laughlin Livingstone and Elizabeth Macmillan. Either they were married on the 7th or 8th of April 1845. Laughlin was born March 25,1817 and died December 26,1855. He is buried in Caledonia Cemetery, Sparta, Randolf County, Ilinois.