1841 and 1851 Census Baron Coll Livingstone family

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Sorry for that bit of information I meant that Alexander Livingstons son Laughlin and his cousin Coll son of Baron Coll Livington left for America and settled in Randolf County, IIinois. Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Dont be too surprised if some of birthdates you get from the ages listed in these censuse dont quite match other birth and baptismal records from Lismore. Census takers did not always copy down the information accurately and some people didnt want to give their real age. From the Bachuil, Lismore 1841 Census of Coll Livingstone and family we seem to be missing from the family a Sally or two and an Adam. I will check this out. They may be listed elsehwhere in Lismore possibly died before 1841. I will see if anything turns up. Donald
Canadian Livingstone

I should explain for those who don't know that Baron Coll Livingstone passed away in 1842 prior to the 1851 Census and his eldest son Alexander in his late twenties became the Baron of Bachuil. Thus the 1851 Census lists his son Alexander as the head of household on his father's estate with a number of brothers, some sisters and a couple of cousins living on the family estate. regards, Donald