Another possible Prince Edward Island Livingstone Branch

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Barry, You could try finding a death record for Angus. He must have died sometime after 1901 presumingly in PEI. To determine where he lived before he died you need to check land records for Lot 55 and determine whether he was still living in Kings County in his old age. I have not had any luck finding a historical society for Upton or the Dundas area in PEI, but there is a Whycocomagh historical society that can be contacted at whycocomagh_historical@hotmail.com They might be able to help you locate info on the Whycocomagh Livingstons and help confirm any links to the neighbouring Livingstons that were at Glen Coe and earlier ones at Mabou and Mull River. I dont know that the Mabou Livingstons are linked to the Glen Coe and Whycocomagh Livingstons but they are connected by a road to Mabou so I am curious. You might want to find out if there are PResbyterians Livingstons buried at Mabou cemetery. They might be connected to you. I have information on one Livingston who died about 1840 that is buried I think in the Mabou or Mull River area. Anyways this is just a few possible leads that might prove useful or not. It is interesting that a number of Presbyterian Livingstons show up in the census records in these areas and that Whycocomagh was mentioned in the obituary you found. This is why I think it worthwhile to check this general vicinity of Inverness County where there were a couple of Livingston families. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Barry, Just to summarize the cenus info I have Alex Livingston age 67 at Whycocomagh in the 1881 Nova Scotia Census Catharine Livingston age 65 at Glen Coe between Mabou and Whycocomagh In the 1871 Census I have Catharine Livingston age 59 apparently the same one listed in Glen Coe in the 1881 Census at Mabou about 20 miles west of Whycocomaugh. About 12 miles north east I have
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

I found an obituary online today for my Great Grandfather, Angus. He died March 5, 1934 and was born in 1856. Which would have him being about 80 when he died. He did much better than his brother John who died at age 50. I am leaning toward Catherine being Colin's widow. It is interesting, she was born in PEI. She is the same age as Colin and I'm thinking after Colin died she moved her family, except John and Angus back to Cape Breton and Colin's family helped her raise her family. So I'm wondering if she had help from Colin's parents or maybe a brother. Do we have a fit here for Colin's brother or father I wonder, in the area? I can find no record of her grave here on PEI and you think if she died on PEI she would have been buried next to her son and husband. I'll also have to do some searching for Angus' grave because we don't know where that is either. I have a document that my aunt has, that is notes on the family collected by my mother's uncle, who has since passed on. Hopefully I will get to see these soon. Apparently he did some research on the family history a few years back. Well I finally feel like I'm making some progress. Barry