Another possible Prince Edward Island Livingstone Branch

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

I don't have alot of information about my Livingstone side of the family. Unlike my Judson, and Dockendorff side which has all kinds of Geneology information on the internet. My Mother's father was John Duncan Livingstone. Her grandfather had died before she was born and she thinks his name was Angus Livingstone. Now her Great Grandfather is even more of a mystery but she thinks he might have been Archibald Livingstone, which is also my uncles name as well. Does any of this information align with anyone elses information, and if so which line might we be related to?
Jewel Brown1

Post by Jewel Brown1 »

Sorry Barry I posted a responce to your message under the Post titled Duncan. Sorry Jewel
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

Ok I have more information from my oldest aunt. She told my mother that my grandfather had three brothers and one sister, Colin, Malcolm, Archibald and Sarah. Their father was Angus and he had only one brother, John. Their father, Colin died at the age of 31 and he was born in Scotland. John and Angus's family apparently were from Marble Mountain in Cape Breton. So it looks like we are the Cape Breton Livingstones. Barry
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Barry, I have access to the 1901 PEI Census and found Livingstons in Eastern PEI in Queens County where Upton is located and in neighbouring communities of Eastern PEI, but I could not find your Angus. If you could find out when John Duncan Livingston was born or the name of any Livingston relative living in 1901 in PEI we might get find someone. regards, Donald
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi again Barry; Angus Livingstone age 30 son of John Livingstone and Ann McGillivary of Low Point, Cape Breton, married Margaret McNeil age 22, June 16, 1868. Roman Catholic by Banns. Witnesses:
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Roberta, Barry mentioned his great grandfather Angus Livingston was in the Upton area of Eastern Prince Edward Island and had a son John Duncan and Malcolm, Archibald and Sarah in the family. I believe I have located his kin in the Lot 55 Upton Kings County area of Eastern Prince Edward Island. At the last moment I had a brain storm that I should look for an Lot 55 family in KIngs County under the Levingston spelling. This is only Angus and family that fits the clues he has been sending us. Hopefully it is correct. See my post of yesterday regarding the family details from the 1901 PEI Census. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Barry, Your ancestor Angus Livingston is listed in the 1881 PEI Census as being born abt. 1856 in Nova Scotia age 25 and living in 1881 in Lot 55, Kings County, Prince Edward Island. Upton is located in Lot 55 by the way. Also listed is his wife Catharine b. abt. 1847 age 34 born in PEI and their eldest child John "colin" Livingston age 2 born in PEI. It is nice that the 1881 Census record indicates that Angus is actually of the Nova Scotia Livingstons. Also the fact that he is a Presbyterian may link him to the original Caper Breton Angus Livingston of Bras d'or, Cape Breton who was Presbyterian. Most of the other Pioneer Livingston families
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Donald; excellent post, as always Donald.
Kyle2 MacLea

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Yes, Barry, if you have any male Livingstone relatives who would be willing to do a cheek swab/rinse for the DNA test, we would be able to see if you match any of the other DNA lines we have seen in the DNA Project so far.