Link to Livingston/Livingstone Scottish Births

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

Here is an interesting collection of births I found. You may have seen them before, but maybe not. Barry http://www.reclaimed-treasures.com/rliv ... index1.htm
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Barry, That would be the research of the late Robert Livingston of California. He had transcribed a number of Argyll parish baptismal records for Clan Maclea Livingtone. I just contacted some people in Inverness County, Cape Breton regarding your Whycocomagh Livingstons and that of the neighbouring Glencoe family. Roberta just contacted me with information that the widow Catherine I located who was born in PEI and lived at Glen Coe a few miles west of Whycocomagh died at the age of 104 in 1912 at Mull River which I know is nearby to Glen Coe. So I am wondering if the Glencoe Presbyterian Livingston and for that the nearby Whycocomagh Livingstons have any connection to old Livingston family that seems to have lived prior to 1840 in the Mull River area. The Mabou community and that of Judique is where there were some Mull Livingstone of our Catholic branch. Because these communities are not far from each other one has to sort which Livingstons were from which family, which hopefully we can do. Have thrown out a few questions to the some experts in the area and hopefully someone can help us on this one. Will try to find some cemetery records for Mull River, Glencoe and Whycocomaugh Livingstons if I can. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Barry, Ask your mother if Mull River, Skye Mountain or Wycocomagh rings any bells. regards, Donald
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

Hi Donald Do you know anything about this Colin? http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... .html#I499 There isn't very much info here about him. Says he moved to PEI in 1819. This would be the year my Colin was born. I wonder if the 1819 is an error and maybe it was a birth date? I will ask my mom about those communities. I did mention Whycocomagh. She has the information that her dead uncle had. I'll have that on Saturday. Barry
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Barry, Dr. St.Clair mentioned that the Livingston family of this ALexander Livingston lived on Skye Mountain and also at Whycocomagh. He talks about the family living on this mountain or at this mountain which is apparently near Whycocomagh. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Barry, I am finding it difficult to read and comprehend, but it appears there is a Colin son of the pioneer settler Malcolm Livingston that is believed to have settled in PeI in 1819. Even if they are confused about the 1819 it is interesting a descendant of this early pioneer Malcolm Livingston would be a Colin who settled in PEI. Now we also have recently found in the census records two Whycocomagh Livingstons who were born in PEI. So the question then becomes did the Whycocomagh Livingstons have a PEI connection and some went back there as in the case of your ancestor Angus and that John.
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Barry, I have verified from my notes that Malcolm Livingstone of the Cape GEORGE, Livington Cove, Antigonish County, Nova Scotia did indeed have a son Colin. Only Allan Duncan and Dougall
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Barry, Catharine has a son John in the census records in Nova Scotia and did not have a 15 year old son Angus in the 1871 Census so she is not likely Angus and John of PEI's mother. I think she is Angus Livingston's aunt however. My theory is that Colin brother of Catharine of Mull River late husband and Alexander Livingston of Whycocomagh left for PEI in the 1850's or 1860's with sons John and Angus perhaps bought or rented a farm and died somewhere in Lot 55 either near Dundas or Upton for example. A theory that the Lot 55 land records will either prove or disprove hopefully. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Barry, Obviously you have to check the land records index and look for Livingstons in the Dundas and Upton area. Dundas looks promising especially because Colin is said to have died there and John and his son are buried in the church cemetery. His farm must of have been in the Dundas area in 1868. Worth checking out Dundas and the Upton area I would think. There may be an Index for all of Lot 55 by name and location hopefully. Good Luck. regards, Donald
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

Donald The obituary stated my Colin died at the age of 50 in 1868, which would have him not having been born in 1814. Is this a problem with your theory, or a common error for this long period of time? Barry