Census, Baptism and Birth Search for PEI

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

Hi All This site has been down for awhile. They moved the database to a new server and it took awhile to get it back up. You have the option of searching the PEI 1841 census on this site too. I did a search for baptism records and I thought everyone might like to see the results for Livingston. The site is http://www.gov.pe.ca/cca/index.php3?num ... 228&lang=E Then click the baptismal Index. Donald you had been curious about the John Livingston deed I had seen at the provincial archives for 1806; I see some births of children here that might fit. Click on "Child's Name and Place of Birth/Baptism Search" Do a search for given name of "Livingston". There are 37 baptism records and some are very early. I would say they are Rambler passengers. Barry
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hello Barry; Thanks for that.
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Barry, Yes I would assume that the earliest Charlottetown, PEI St. Pauls Anglican Church baptismal records of Duncan, John, Donald and Alexander would be the Duncan, John, Donald and Alexander Livingston sons of pioneer Donald Livingston 1750-1840 who with his family arrived aboard the "Rambler" in 1806 and settled on Lot 65, Nine Mile Creek. Note some of the baptismal records mention Lot 65. Nice find Barry. John Collins of Ontario has done extensive research on PEI settler Donald Livingston 1750-1840 of Morven and his Nine Mile Creek, Lot 65 QUeens County, Livingstons. John mentions that there is a a death notice for old Donald Livingston in the Colonial Herald 20 June 1840 on page 3. It is believed that his wife's name was Mary. According to John Collins, Donald Livingston of Morven lived with his wife and family at Mull in the early 1800's before they left for PEI. Our forum participant Ralph Livingstone is kin to this Donald Livingston and this Queens County, PEI family. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Sorry, what I meant to say is that some of the earliest baptismal records of St. Pauls Anglican Church, Charlottetown are for the family of Donald Livingstone's sons Duncan, John Donald and possibly his son ALexander. regards, Donald
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

Hi Roberta Yes I remember the Queen's visit in 1973. Our class in school drew names out of a hat to attend a dinner with the Queen. I didn't win, but my cousin did. It was quite an honor for him. He is a grand son of John Duncan Livingstone as well. BArry