Deeds and Early Land Transfers from PEI

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

Hi Roberta That's a good find. There are so many pieces to this puzzle and at some point in time I have to start connecting the dots. He either died or divorced her. He may have re-married which would further confound the story. Barry
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Good day Barry; According to the 1841 census Alexander was a Roman Catholic; so I think you can safely assume that he died.
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

Hi Roberta That should be helpful. Working for the night tonight, then home....get some sleep....then I'm going to start documenting everything. Any suggestions on a good free software or another method? I'd like to be able query for duplicates and similarities. I'm thinking maybe about using Microsoft Access, I'm fairly familiar with it. Barry Barry
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Barry, You might want to look at family tree maker software with everything organized and set up for you to easily and professionally organize numerous family trees with easy access. Easy to install in your computer; easy to use. A great way to keep family tree records on many different families. You can all the PEI Livingstone family information you have gathered so far and never worry about loosing your notes or scaps of paper in my case. At the moment I am also keeping hand written notes in files on Livingstons
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Barry; I found this on the NSARM site. 1798 Malcolm Livingston Junior of Cape Lewis for the appointment of a commissioner of the peace. Regards; Roberta
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Roberta, I assume this is a son of Malcolm Livingston who arrived in 1791 or is it Malcolm Livingston himself? He was first at Pictou County and then later nearby Antigonish County, Nova Scotia I think. regards, Donald
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Good morning Donald; Re:
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Roberta, That is an interesting fact to have found. And Malcolm is one of our original Livingston pioneers in British North America in the 1790's, so I think he deserves special mention. Hopefully someday we can make contact with his descendants in Antigonish County, Nova Scotia. regards, Donald
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Donald; Oh yes; wouldn't that be wonderful, if someone descendant of Malcolm Livingston/e, around Antigonish County would contact our Forum.