Deeds and Early Land Transfers from PEI

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

Hi All I found this in the PEI Birth and Baptism records. John would be the child, Alexander the father and Mary the Mother. Notice it isn't a Sarah! Lavingston, John
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Barry, Joseph's eldest sons are Malcolm and ALexander so it is either one or the other I would suppect. So if Joseph was born in 1834 as the 1901 census indicates and living on Lot 53 as the 1881 and 1901 census indicates then Sally was born well before 1800 and could well be the wife of the original pioneer Livingston on Lot 53. It is likely that she inherited the rights to this land on the death of her husband who we assume was John Livingston who took possession of a parcel of land in Lot 53 in the early 1800's according to the information you have located. We know that this is the only way that Sally acquired this land to give eventually to Joseph in her old age in 1853. Just beware that old Malcolm
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Donald; John Livingston, Georgetown, 1803--Government Grants C', P' and Georgetown, PEIGS Publication. Malcolm, Lot 53, age 18, Church of Scotland, 1881 Census Lot 53, PEIGS Publication. Malcolm, Charlottown, age 75, Presbyterian, 1881 Census, Charlottown, Book 1. PEIGS Publication. Malcolm, Lot 53, age 30, Roman Catholic, 1891 Census Lot 53, PEIGS Publication. Malcolm, Lot 53, age 39, Roman Catholic, 1901 Census Lot 53, PEIGS Publication. Malcolm, Dundas, Lot 55,age 87, 1970. Presbyterian/United, Cemetery Transcript 55-1, PEIGS Publication. Malcolm N., Lot 55, age 17, Presbyterian, 1901 Census Lot 55, PEIGS Publication. These are all the Malcolms I could find.
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

Hi Roberta Great stuff. This is probably a lame question, but what does PEIGS stand for? Hmmm....government grants C', P' and Georgetown. Is this something I can look for tomorrow? The Malcolm's in lot 55 is the same person and is my Mother's uncle. The Malcolm born at sea was born on the Rambler, and is the one I was referring to. Barry
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Barry; I was transcribing from the Prince Edward Island Gorvernment Source site, ergo, PEIGS. Regarding the transcription re:
Canadian Livingstone

HI Roberta and Barry, If this was a "grant" received through Edmund Fanning the Lieutenant Governor more often than not there would have normally been a petition sent to the Lieutenant Governor requesting a land grant by this John Livingston in 1803 a few months prior to receiving the grant. Often these petitiions are usefull to researchers because of the information on the petitioner's history contained in the Petition for land. I dont know that there is one in the archives at PEI for this John Livingston of Kings County but theoretically at least there should have been one for a grant from Fanning I should think. At least that is way it is with all my ancestors who pettioned the crown for land in Upper Canada (Ontario) in the late 1700's and early 1800's. Perhaps it was somewhat similar in early PEI but I dont know for certain as PEI is not my area of expertise. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Barry, At some point when you have some archive time if you wouldnt mind getting copies of the some original land transactions of Donald Livingstone of Lot 65, Queens County. There were some things mentioned by one of the researchers that i wanted to clarify in his early land records. No rush on that, just when you have the time to go there. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Roberta, I imagine you still have alot of kin in Nova Scotia. regards, Donald
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Barry; I had a weird sighting.
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Donald; Alexander Livingston b. September 9, 1807. John Livingston b. August 24, 1814. father; Donald Livingston and Flora McPhail--Dog River.