Dugald Livingston and Annie McIvor of Aotearoa/New Zealand

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

REgarding inquiries addressed to me via the Appin Historical Society forum regarding Dugald Livingston b.abt.1851 in the Appin Area and his wife Annie McIvor who settled at Aotearoa, New Zealand I found a Dougald Livingston who was born abt. 1853 or 1852 at Appin who lived with parents John b. abt. 1812 and Christina (Christy)b. abt. 1813 at Ballachulish in the 1850's and by 1861 the family was living at Morven. Dugald's father was a Shepherd. I could not find the family in the 1871 Scottish census so I suspect they may left for New Zealand by this point but I would need more info to verify that this was in fact the correct Dugald Livingston. It was the only one that fit the description given by the descendant. Anyways I may have found their Dugald and family. regards, Donald
Bryan Livingston1

Post by Bryan Livingston1 »

Sorry, but Im not help.
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Bryan, Welcome to the forum. I believe I have found this person's ancestor Dugald Livingston that settled in New Zealand and have left messages to that effect, but there is a possibility they will not recheck and see a response to their original inquiry. I am pretty certain it is the Dugald Livingston born in the 1850's they are looking for but I could not be 100% certain I got the right way. But it could be.