Tips and tricks for searching Scotlands People records

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
vkadams

Post by vkadams »

I have a 60 pounds credit left on the Scotland's People website and I have another Ancestor search to do based in Scotland. My Grandmother's family name is WATT.
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Virginia, If you ever want an original 18th, 19th century copy of a entry in a parish which some prefer you might consider going the LDS microfilm loan route if of course you have access to a LDS family history library or a public library that has an interloan program with the LDS and has microfilm readers in the public library. We have a LDS family history centre but it is out in the suburbs somewhere so i take advantage of the interloan offered at our public library. I go on the computer and the LDS site and do a search of their mamoth catalogue of all sorts microfilmed original Scottish parish books and various census records from Scotland and throughout the world. True it takes sometimes three weeks to get the microfilms but to me its nice to work
Kyle2 MacLea

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Haven't search in awhile, but one tried-and-true method is to search for a woman by her married name AND her maiden name.