McLeod

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
vkadams

McLeod

Post by vkadams »

FRANK S. MCLEOD
Canadian Livingstone

McLeod

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Virginia, Interesting lead. That could very well be the McLeod that Robert listed with the records on the MacLea Livingstone website. Very likely. I wonder if he contacted the late Robert Livingston of our website who was involved in the gathering of those records for the Website I understand. Some of the LDS sources are more than a decade old so Mr. McLeod may or may not still be around. Worth checking out all the same. Maybe he can shed some light on the birth or baptismal date or Peter Livington and any other info on the other Livingston family that he had researched that also apparently lived in the Appin area. Maybe he is distant cousin of yours as well. This is truly becoming an interesting mystery wanting to be solved. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

McLeod

HI Virginia, The LDS info regarding Peter Livingston of Port Appin born April 17.1796 which was another one i later found does not give the name just states it was submitted by a member of the Church of Latter Day Saints. I know that other submissions sometimes give the name and address of the submitter and others do not. I wonder where they got 1796 from. For that matter I am still wondering where the 1797 info came from. Hopefully when I get the Appin parish records we sort this all out. Donald regards, Donald
Kyle2 MacLea

McLeod

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Michael Livingstone did confirm that McLeod was Frank McLeod in this earlier thread: http://www.clanmclea.co.uk/forum/Show-M ... sp?ID=5479 K=
Canadian Livingstone

McLeod

Hi Kyle, Then i guess somehow we need to ask him if he knows anything about the 1796 or 1797 birth or baptism date for Peter Livingston of Port Appin included in Rob's collection and if he knows the original source. regards, Donald
MICHAEL LIVINGSTONE

McLeod

Post by MICHAEL LIVINGSTONE »

Information I have indicates Frank McLeod as being a decendant of Dugald livingston who married Margaret McCullum
Barry Judson

McLeod

Post by Barry Judson »

I believe this is related http://listsearches.rootsweb.com/th/rea ... 1061589263 I'll see if I can find anything on this when my shifts allow me to get back to the Archives in Charlottetown. But I don't recall a Dugald, but maybe a Margaret Livingston. Barry
Kyle2 MacLea

McLeod

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Looks like Frank was still around in 2007, and a member of the Saskatchewan Genealogical Society. www.saskgenealogy.com/aboutsgs/AnnualReport07.pdf If his netscape address (mentioned on that thread) doesn't work, perhaps a message to someone at SGS would find him? Kyle=
Canadian Livingstone

McLeod

Hi Barry, I dont think Frank has that story quite right. I know the details of Dr. Livingston's brother and have researched his brother John Livingston's family history and he did not live or settle with any kin from Scotland. THere were some Livingstons that settled in Lanark County twenty years before in the 1820's but he did not have any known connection to them. I know this from researching the early records when he was Lanark County and later when he settled as a merchant in Listowel, Ontario. There was another Livingston family living in Listowel of some wealth and prominence but they were not related to Dr. Livingstone's brother John according conversations I had with John Livingstone's great grandson recently. I am however constantly looking for potential kin to Dr. David Livingstone's Uncles or cousins and hoping someday to find them. THere are no direct descendants of Dr. David Livingstone with the name Livingstone. There is however the Wilson family in Scotland which is descended from his daughter Annie who married a Wilson and many others with names we dont know about. Annie Livingston's grandson David Livingston Wilson has done a family tree I know, but does not know about the family of Dr. Livingstone's Uncles. Most Livingston families have stories in the family that state a possible connection to Dr. Livingstone. The only ones that I have seen so far with proof are those connected to Dr. David Livingstone's daughters and those connected to Dr. Livingstone's older brother John Livingstone (1811-1899) that settled in Canada a few years after his brother David Livingstone (1813-1874) went to Africa. If anyone out there has a family tree linking them to Dr. Livingstone we would love to hear from you.
Canadian Livingstone

McLeod

Hi Kyle, I tried looking and seeing if he was currently listed as living in Dilke, Saskatchewan but it appears not to be the case. I was directed to a Frank S. McLeod in nearby Regina Saskatchewan but his telephone number is currently out of service. I am hoping to make contact with a relative, but I may or may not be successful. I will keep you posted. In any event a microfilmed copy of the original Appin Parish records are hopefully on their way from Salt Lake City, Utah to my library and should arrive in a couple of weeks. We can then take a look at which Livingstons are recorded in those records whether or not we locate Mr. McLeod. Perhaps he is elderly and not well.