Scottish Emigrants to South Western Ontario in 1818

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Donald; The only Livingstone I found in the Dull Parish: 1751:
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Donald; Taken from the Duncan McDiarmid Family of Derry-- Angus McDiarmid, eldest son of Duncan and Margaret McGregor, married Annie Livingstone, daughter of Donald and Janet(Jeanet) McAra.
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Roberta, My ancestor Stephen Clink received a replacement land grant around 1820 in Upper Canada,ended up farming on his brother in law's grant which he tranfered to Stephen in 1821 and did he did not take out a patent on this property until the early 1850's. Many farmers in early Upper Canada were too cheap to take out the patent on their land and delayed doing so for many years until for various reason they felt compelled to do so. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Roberta, My ancestor Stephen Clink received a replacement land grant around 1820 in Upper Canada,ended up farming on his brother in law's grant which he tranfered to Stephen in 1821 and did he did not take out a patent on this property until the early 1850's. Many farmers in early Upper Canada were too cheap to take out the patent on their land and delayed doing so for many years until for various reason they felt compelled to do so. regards, Donald
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Good Morning Donald; The Clerk of the Township of Goulbourn took a census in 1820-heads of household, only. Donald was using the name Daniel--not surprising,eh. This Clerk took another Census in 1822: