Coats of Arms now available on ScotlandsPeople; Livingston/e and McLea

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Kyle2 MacLea

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

I searched for Arms for Livingston/e and McLea-type names. There are quite a few Livingston/e: No Full Name Date Volume Page Number Image 1 George Frederick James Fenton Livingstone of Easter Moffat 01/07/1901 16 32 VIEW (
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Kyle, This will be a great resource to better understand the old lowland Livingston family and it's related families. The fact that there were so many that show up in coat of arms lists and possible family branches makes me wonder if we wont yet find a descendant of Baron de Leving out there somewhere. (See my earlier e-mail to you regarding lowland Livingston coat of Arms.) A number of these coat or arms were clearly of Livingston's whom connected to the old Callendar/Linlithgo family complete with the 3 cinquefoils and the dexter in hand. A number were 1600's and 1700's as I recall though the origins of the original Livingston coat of arms appears to go back to the early medieval period when they first came into prominence as loyal stewarts to the Royal family of Scotland. regards, Donald