Forum is back

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Kyle2 MacLea

Forum is back

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

The Forum is back... but I'm not sure where it went. It might be good to think about that Forum software upgrade we were discussing earlier, as well as adding in some clan assistants who could help manage it/be contacts if there are any problems.
Canadian Livingstone

Forum is back

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Kyle, No system is perfect. Fortunately that does not happen too often. We depend so much on the internet and our computers. Hard to believe that once upon a time all we had were atari's and comodore 64's and before that Pong. Pong may be before your time Kyle. Probably before Jerry's
Kyle2 MacLea

Forum is back

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Never played Pong, but played similar games on my old Coleco before my Atari and my Commodore 64!
D.W.Livingston

Forum is back

Post by D.W.Livingston »

I remember Pong... those cool black joysticks with the turn knobs... hours of fun making a small white paddle move up and down and stop that white ball from getting by.... the graphics were nothing but didn't rely on 1 GB of memory to run it. :) David PS - Yes I volunteered to help with the forum in any way that is needed. Still volunteering if needed.
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Barry Judson

Forum is back

Post by Barry Judson »

I don't mind helping if I can. I had a hand in the website for the St. John's Presbyterian Church. www.belfastchurch.ca This is built around Xoops and is really easy to put together. It has a 8 forum modules that can be used, and I'm not sure if the new version supports it or not but there used to be a geneology module too. Have a look. Once it is set up it is easy to administer. The www.xoops.org site is built with xoops too. Barry
Barry Judson

Forum is back

Post by Barry Judson »

Searched for the geneology module and came up with this link. http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?pgvxoops This integrates right into the webpage. Barry
Jerry

Forum is back

Post by Jerry »

Donald, I not only had a Comodore 64 but before that I had a Comodore VIC-20 with a cassette drive.
vkadams

Forum is back

Post by vkadams »

I for one am glad the forum is back...I think I am addicted to reading the posts everyday and checking in on my friends here on the forum...vka
Kevin Livingston

Forum is back - do you readme?

Post by Kevin Livingston »

Niall, I received your note to me Thu 16/04/2009 6:26 PM and replied
Bachuil

Forum is back - do you readme?

Post by Bachuil »

Hi Kevin I think I have had all your emails and believed I had replied to them. I passed by Appin Church on the way to Oban and noticed that there were flowers and a saltire marking the spot where the young lad was killed in a motor accident recently.
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea