Dr David Livingston

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
J Cameron

Dr David Livingston

Post by J Cameron »

Can anyone help with my family tree as we have a link with Dr D Livingston. My connection is through Angus Livingston B19/10/1769 M Margaret Hall Mcphail 1806? in Mull. I would be grateful if you have information on this family tree
Kyle2 MacLea

Dr David Livingston

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Hi J Cameron, There are many families with possible links to Dr. Livingston's family, although as far as we are aware none are direct descendants in the male line of the Dr himself.
Canadian Livingstone

Dr David Livingston

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Kyle, I just had a brilliant brain wave. The Kilpinhon, Argyll where Duncan Livingston born 1773 or 1780 cotton weaver at HLW in Livingston Parish, West Lothian County was born at could be Kilfinichen Parish where Keith found birth records of the children of an Angus Livingston and Margaret Hall. Perhaps Kilpinhon and Kilfinichen is a bit of stretch though. I will see if I can find any other parishes or towns to Kilpinhon. regards, Donald
Kyle2 MacLea

Dr David Livingston

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

I'd have to look and I won't have time for awhile, but it seems plausible. I was thinking Kilfinan parish, Argyll, or Kilfinichen/Kilvickeon on Mull.
J Cameron

Dr David Livingston

Post by J Cameron »

Thank you very much for all the information, i am sure it is the same Angus Livingston & Margaret McPhail we had been told he was a Chelsea Pensioner. They had 6 children, daughter Ann was married to my GGgrandfather again our information was that she was a cousin of Dr D Livingston, our Grandfather had items handed down the family that belonged to Dr D Livingstone thats why we always believed there was a connection somewhere. Sorry i didn't reply earlier, thanks again
Kyle2 MacLea

Dr David Livingston

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

We would love to hear more about the items in your family as well--if you can share any information, we'd love to hear it! Let us know if we can help further as well! Kyle=
Roberta Ann

Dr David Livingston

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hello; Could this be the Angus: Angus Livingston b. 1775 father Neil Livinston Mother not given Married Margaret Hall - no date Children no dates- Hugh, Ann, John, Betty, Cirsty, Duncan, Jane and 1 called Unknown. Source OPR Kilfinichen --
J Cameron

Dr David Livingston

Post by J Cameron »

Hi thanks for your infotmation Angus livingston & Margaret Hall/ McPhail. childrens birth dates that i have been given from a family member working on the tree a few years ago ,not sure how accurate.John 7.2.1805 Betty 25.4.1807 Cirsty 29.10.1809 Duncan 30.9.1814 Hugh 6.6.1819 Ann 29.12.1821