A PEI Livingstone List

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Kyle2 MacLea

A PEI Livingstone List

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Hi barry, Great list!
Barry Judson

A PEI Livingstone List

Post by Barry Judson »

Hi Kyle These are the search results for PEI for Livingstone's with the first name John. So as an example, you should be able to trace every John Livingston for each year of the census. The 1841 results show the name and the lot. In 1881 the first number is the individuals age and the second number is the lot number. In 1891, the order is Name, age, religion, and lot number. The H1, H2 and etc, I'll have to check on. I think I know where this info came from so I'll see what I can find. My Great Grandmother's name was Catherine so I think that is the reason for the "C" Livingstones at the end of the list. I have sent an email to Louise, but so far I have not received a response. I think I know where this info came from so I'll see what I can find. I'm hoping we can get Louise interested in the discussion here. She is the only one of the Belfast Historical Society that is really interested in geneology. There next meeting is the 4th Thursday of this month and I hope to be there. Barry
Kyle2 MacLea

A PEI Livingstone List

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Thanks, Barry.
Barry Judson

A PEI Livingstone List

Post by Barry Judson »

Hi From what I can tell the H1, H2, and etc. is how individual families are identified. Barry
Canadian Livingstone

A PEI Livingstone List

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Barry, The John Livingstone and Margaret Mcleod that you mentioned were from Colonsay according to Scottish Canadian researcher Donald Whyte settled at Bell River in Queens County in 1840. They have no connection to the original pioneer Donald Livingston b.1750/1751 of Morven and Mull who settled in 1806 with his grown up sons at Lot 65, Queens County, PEI. regards, Donald